Life is too short to read a bad book.
Sunday, November 25, 2007,9:40 PM
Magic and Mayhem by Sylvia Day & Cathryn Fox
Just Finished:



Why I Read It: Because I’ve wanted to read something by Sylvia Day for awhile now and thought this short story would be a great introduction. It sounded cute.

Synopsis (from HarperCollins.com): An innovative ebook featuring two intertwined stories:

Magic: When good witch Brianna James uses her magic and writes a sexy, forbidden love spell on her thirty-first birthday, on the thirty-first day of October during a full moon, and conjures up on roguish, bad boy warlock, she has no idea that she'll experience a passion so deep and so intense it would forever turn her good girl days into bad girl nights. But, when that spell lands in the wrong hands, be prepared for a little mayhem...

Mayhem: When Abigail Garvey steps into Conjure, the local magic shop, all she's looking for are a few props to round out her fortune teller Halloween costume. Abby isn't looking for a love spell that turns her drop-dead gorgeous, but long-oblivious neighbor into an aggressive alpha sex machine.. Sure his single-minded pursuit (and follow-through!) is the stuff her wickedest fantasies are made of, but how much of it is the real deal? And how much of it is just a little magical mayhem?


My Thoughts:

Magic by Cathryn Fox
This one just didn’t do it for me. Maybe it was because it was only 32 pages. Maybe it’s because of who Brianna’s true love turned out to be. I’m not sure. This one was Disappointing, but won’t stop me from trying another Cathryn Fox book in the future.

Mayhem by Sylvia Day
Loved it! Abby and Shane had sparks right from the beginning and the story just kept getting better and better. Again, this one was under 40 pages, but for a short story, it was Very Good.

Verdict: This was Okay. It had one Disappointing story and one Very Good one. I definitely will be reading more of Sylvia Day in the future.

Labels: , , , , , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Dev

    Zeek ~ I have Pleasure Prolonged, but for some reason I keep putting off reading it.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Stacy~

    I do like Sylvia Day, and she's gotten better the more she writes. I can't recall if I've read anything by Cathryn Fox though. If I have, it wasn't all that memorable.

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Dev

    Stacy ~ I'll definitely be reading more by Sylvia. As far as Cathryn, I'll more than likely try something else by her before I quit reading her stories altogether.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Rowena

    Cathryn Fox? I've never even heard of her...she doesn't sound all that though so I'll skip this one...or not, the Sylvia Day one sounds pretty good.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Dev

    Wena ~ I really liked the Sylvia Day. I'll be picking up more of her stuff to read. I'm *meh* on Cathryn Fox. I have something else by her in my TBR, but if that doesn't excite me, I'll probably not read her anymore.