Life is too short to read a bad book.
Thursday, November 15, 2007,2:19 PM
Checking In
So, I'm on page 179 of Promises Linger now. OMG. The horseback scene! Wow. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Asa and Elly are wonderful! I also love the lady who runs the boarding house/cafe ~ Millicent, maybe? Starts with an M, but can't remember it off the top of my head. I also like Cougar (I think that's his name) ~ the son of the doc. Is Promises Keep his story? It felt like SM was building for his story to be next.

~~~~

I'm on page 127 of The Raven Prince. Just finished the garden scene. When Anna and the Earl almost kiss. Wow, Elizabeth Hoyt is brilliant. She knows how to build a scene. Can't wait to find out what happens when Anna gets to London.

~~~~~~

I'm very blessed to have such good things to read right now. Wish I was home doing just that. I hope to have both of these finished over the weekend.

~~~~~

I'm going to sister's house tomorrow to watch Shrek 3 with her and the kiddos. Will be a fun family night. Saturday, I have some alone time until 3, and then I'm on baby duty the rest of the day. So, hope to get some reading time in before and after that. Sunday, we're all going to the Holiday Bazaar. Hope to pick up the rest of my Christmas gifts there....or at least the majority of them. I only have a few things left to get. And then I'll be done ~~ maybe I can actually enjoy the season this year.

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Isabel

    You are almost done Christmas shopping? I haven't even started yet. You're on the ball girl.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Dev

    I want to avoid the Christmas Crazies this year. Last year, I was shopping up until the last minute.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Chantal

    Ohh, I liked Promises Linger, too. Asa was yummy!
    I'm almost done Caine's Reckoning by the same author. I'm not enjoying it as much as I did Promises.

    I am done done done Xmas shopping. I start in the summer, thats why :P

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Dev

    Chantal ~ Good for you on being done shopping! Maybe next year, I'll start in the summer. Or start picking up little things all year long like my Mom does. One year, I'll get it right.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Rosie

    Okay not only am I jealous of you having great books to read, but I can't believe you are almost done Christmas shopping. Usually by Thanksgiving I at least have my kids done, but I haven't done ANY shopping yet. I can hardly believe it. I better get crackin' huh?

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Kati

    I love the new blog look! Really pretty! I'm reading Creation in Death right now. It's a good read too, if you're a fan of JD Robb.

    Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Dev

    Rosie ~ I usually don't even start until after Thanksgiving. This year, I'm trying something new. It's kind of nice knowing I'm almost done and won't have to go out with the rush this year.

    MaryKate ~ Thanks! I've been meaning to read JD Robb. I actually had a friend who loaned all of them to me, but I gave them back after I'd held onto them for months because I hadn't read them. I'll have to borrow them again sometime ~ I've heard nothing but good things about them.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Jace

    Very nice Christmassy graphics!

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Dev

    Jace ~ Thanks! I was in the mood for a change, and since I've been listening to Christmas songs since Nov 1, I figured it was time to change my look.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Lori

    Oooh, you have your holiday look up again this year! Love it! I'm so glad you are loving the Promises book :)

    And I loved that scene in The Raven Prince.. When Edward mutters "Shit" with the dog's timing, and Anna thinks "Quite". Just loved it.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Dev

    Lori ~ That's the exact scene. It's just wonderful. I've got maybe 100 more pages to go until it's finished and then I'll be on to The Leopard Prince. There's just not enough hours in the day.