Life is too short to read a bad book.
Sunday, September 30, 2007,1:50 PM
Twilight
Just Finished:




Why I Read It: I bought this book for Kiddo at Christmas last year. She loaned it to me in March and I just got around to reading it now.

From the Back Cover: About three things I was absolutely positive:
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him–and I didn’t know how dominant that part might be–that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

“I’D NEVER GIVEN MUCH THOUGHT TO HOW I WOULD DIE– I’d had reason enough in the last few months –but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this. . . . Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of something else, someone I loved. Noble, even. That ought to count for something.”

When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret.

What Bella doesn’t realize is the closer she gets to him, the more she is putting herself and those around her at risk. And, it might be too late to turn back. . . .

Deeply seductive and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight will have readers riveted right until the very last page is turned.


My Thoughts: Wow, talk about the nearly perfectly written story, this is it. I can’t believe it took me so long to start to read it.

I cracked this book open yesterday morning, and was instantly thrown by Edward’s animosity toward Bella. I couldn’t understand it. I could tell they were drawn to each immediately. They locked eyes across the cafeteria; but then he was vicious to her the first time they spoke. His reasons were explained easily away later in the book and I easily forgave him.

Bella and Edward make me swoon. Lots of “awww” moments with those two. They have the relationship I dream of.. Pure Romantic ~ I love their talks about nothing and everything at the same time. How they just are together, for hours just talking, or not talking ~ just being. How perfect is that? Oh, and the fact that he watches her when she sleeps? Aww, again. I want their relationship. Never mind the fact that he’s a vampire ~ I don’t really dwell on that because it is just part of his character, not the definition of it.

I also really enjoyed Bella’s relationship with her dad, Charlie. As a caretaker myself, I related to her desire to take care of him and make sure he’s okay. I thought it was just a wonderful connection between them.

For the most part, this was a pretty light read. There was some suspenseful stuff towards the last 75 pages or so, but all-in-all it made me feel good and I wanted to just stay in the world that Stephenie Meyer created ~ werewolves, vampires, and all.

I don’t know what else to say that most probably has been said several times before. This was Excellent and if you haven’t read it yet, I urge you to go out and get this book if you don’t have it already and read it (although I'm fairly certain I'm the last person in the world to read this). It’s 498 pages, but they fly by pretty fast. This book is one that’s hard to put down once you’ve actually opened it up and committed to reading it. It was just that good.

(PS ~And dang if it hasn’t ruined me for any other books until I get my hands on New Moon and Eclipse. Unfortunately, I don’t get those until tomorrow.)

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Isabel

    I looooooooooooooove Twilight. I loooooooooooooooooooooove Edward.

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Dev

    Izzy ~ Me tooooooooooooooo! I get to start New Moon tomorrow!

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Noneya

    You know, you aren't the last person to not read this book.

    I'm on that list.

    But it seems I must add another vamp page-turner to the TBR. yeah!!

    Light and easy are good...my brain is fried over LU.

    Sandie
    http://live2read.wordpress.com

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Dev

    Sandie ~ You won't regret it. I absolutely loved this book!

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger ReneeW

    You and I are on the same page about this book. Loved it. But I never got around to reading the others. I'm going to wait til the next (last?) one comes out. I've heard good and bad about Eclipse and New Moon so I just can't make my mind up.

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger nath

    I'm on the list of persons who haven't read it too :P I got it, but I can't get myself to read it and I have my doubt about investing myself in this series when I hear that book 3 is less than stellar.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Dev

    Renee ~ I'll start New Moon tonight. Kiddo liked Eclipse better, so hopefully will get to start that one by the weekend.

    Nath ~ I could not put the book down once I started it. It really was that good ~ and could have been a stand alone book just fine.

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Jenster

    I have this in my TBR. Nothing else has been keeping my attention. Maybe I need to try this.

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Dev

    Jen ~ Let me know if you do. It's been in my TBR since March and I loved it!

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Rowena

    I LOVE THIS BOOK, and EDWARD TOO!!!! Oh goodness, LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK!

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Dev

    Wena ~ Me too. My favorite in the series so far. What's not to love about Edward?

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Rowena

    Not much sweetie, not much! =)