Life is too short to read a bad book.
Friday, September 28, 2007,7:43 PM
Let the Whining Commence
I just feel blech. I'm tired of being tired and of being in pain almost all the time. In July I posted briefly about the lump I'd found at the top of my left ribcage. I was sent in for a CT scan, which didn't clear up what my lump is, but it did show spots on my spleen. Anyway, doctor thought it was just inflammation and it should go away eventually. Well, it's been over 5 months and the lump has not gone away. It hasn't grown, but it's become more painful. I take 2-3 Aleve 2-3 times a day now ~ which can't be healthy.

I'm tired a lot ~ just no energy for anything. And don't get me started on my moods. I just feel blech. I kid you not, yesterday I truly wondered if this is what dying feels like. Morbid yes, but I just know something is off.

Next week, I go in for a full blood screening ~ CBC, I believe is what it's called. Then at the end of the month is my next CT scan. I just wish they'd find out what it is. I'm not a hypochondriac ~ I just know something feels off. I'm nauteaous all the time, I'm tired, and I'm in pain. That's just not normal.

So hopefully I only have one more month to wait and maybe, just maybe, they will finally find out what's wrong.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note ~ our next friends of the library sale is October 20. I have a feeling I'll be spending money that day. Now, where am I going to fit more books? I'm tempted to start sleeping on the couch and turn my bedroom into a library (not really, but it's an option).

Labels:

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger ReneeW

    Oh, Dev, that sounds rough. I'm a baby and I hate being in pain. I hope they figure out what is causing it and you start feeling better soon. Keep bugging the doctors till they figure it out.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Dev

    Renee ~ I just looked at my post again and boy do I sound whiney. I really hope they find out what's wrong too. I think I know, but I'll visit with my doctor about it on Wednesday ~ maybe he'll actually listen to me.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Isabel

    I hope they figure out what's wrong. We're all entitled to whine fest once in a while. :)

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Dev

    Izzy ~ Me too, and soon. Thanks for letting me vent. Seems I just started getting active again all of a sudden I get hit by the whiney bug.

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Blogger nath

    hey Dev,

    you definitively don't sound whiny. I mean, at least, you have a reason to whine... it can't be easy and also, not knowing what's happening to you is stressful. Mood swings suck.

    and lol, there's always place for books. :P

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ True (that there's always a place for books).

     
  • At 3:54 AM, Blogger CindyS

    Holy Cow - that's not whining - that's being pro-active about your health. Lots of positive energy coming your way and I hope these drs get the lead out already!

    CindyS

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Dev

    Cindy ~ Thanks! I should get the results of my blood tests tomorrow, so I'm hoping for good things.