Life is too short to read a bad book.
Thursday, September 20, 2007,8:11 AM
Random Stuff
So, how is that a 15-year-old girl can sleep through 3 alarm clocks blaring at full blast? My niece is staying with me for the week while Mama and new baby are staying with my mom and it's been an adventure. It's been awhile since I've had to play "mommy". I have someone to cook for, someone to talk to ~~ it's just been so nice having her there. She planned the meals all week ~~ I just had to cook them :-)

Anyway, I just have one bedroom at my place, so that's where she's sleeping. I'm sleeping on the couch. She has 3 alarm clocks; I only have the one on my cell phone. My alarm is set for 6am; hers are set for 5am. Guess when I'm waking up? That's right, 5am. Nothing like being shocked out of a peaceful slumber by the likes of Ozzy Osbourne blaring through the house. Quite a way to wake up, let me tell you. Oh and just ask me when she's getting up. Oh, between 6 and 6:15 most days ~~ this morning it was at 6:30 and she has to be at school by 7am. Oh the joy.

Did I mention I only have one bathroom? One tiny bathroom. Not enough room for two people to get ready, so I guess it's a good thing that Kiddo's alarms are waking me so early because that's the only time I have to get ready. Once kiddo gets out of bed, it's all over. A teenager has invaded the bathroom and no grown woman can enter that realm.

In spite of all this, her mom comes home tomorrow and I'll miss her. It's been nice having her around again ~~ even if I am left scratching my head at her random teenager-ness.

On the reading front, I started "Wishes" by Jude Deveraux and am hooked. I'm only 60 pages into it so far, but all I want to do right now is go home and finish it. I love the two main characters so much and am really looking forward to reading their story.

**Oh, and I just found out that this is part of the Montgomery/Taggert series (I know, I was raised under a rock). There are 28 books in the Montgomery/Taggert series ~ yikes. I guess I'll add these to my Christmas list and hope I get a few of them (because you know I don't have enough books in my TBR pile already). Yikes, again.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Isabel

    Yikes about the teenager and the bathroom. At least you were waking up early enough to get ready.

    How is your sister doing?

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Rosie

    If you ever find out why the multiple alarms let me know. Shmoo has two and I still have to wake him up.

    I used to love those Montgomery books. Stopped reading Devereaux around the time she had a baby. The books just weren't the same.

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Jenster

    It's so obvious you adore your neice. Everytime you write about her it shows. I love that!

    I have several of the Montgomery/Taggert books, but I've only ever read Knight in Shining Armor and it's sort of a displaced M/T book.

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Dev

    Izzy ~ My sister's doing good. She's been resting up alot and will be home tomorrow (first doctor's appointments for her and baby)

    Rosie ~ Wish I could figure out the whole alarm thing too. I also remember doing the same thing when I was a teenager and my mom had to wake me up. Why is that?

    Jen ~ She's easy to adore. What a great kid. She is most definitely my baby.

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Lori

    LOL Dev - Jeff has 2 alarms and I swear that iPod blaring Ozzy or Van Halen at 6 wakes everyone up except Jeff!

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger Stacy~

    I'm glad you're getting along so well with your niece. Sounds like you're having fun.

    I've read the Deveraux books for years, but it's been awhile. I have to agree with Rosie - after having her child, the books weren't the same. Not as romantic, that's for sure.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Dev

    Lori ~ Exactly! I'm not sure why I even bother setting the alarm on my cell phone.

    Stacy ~ It's been fun having her around. As far as Deveraux, I'm halfway through Wishes now. It's too bad that her later books lost something, because I love the romance in this book.

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger nath

    LOL, my advice, just wake her up :D that's going to be faster... :)

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ I tried that. Every 10 minutes I went in there. I even turned on the lights because I remember how much I hated that when I was a kid. It really must be a teenage thing, because I did the same thing at that age.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Dev

    Zeek ~ I've never read A Knight in Shining Armor. I do have it though, I just need to get it read :D