Life is too short to read a bad book.
Monday, September 03, 2007,5:25 PM
Spring Cleaning
Ugh. I've been bit by the cleaning bug. Not just any regular bug, but the one where I have the compulsive need to deep clean everything. My drawers, my cupboards, my fridge. I've put together a chest I bought 4 years ago and have moved all my blankets there. My mom gave me a new shelving unit so I've cleaned out my books, transferred them to new shelves ~ took my old shelving unit to the bathroom, so have cleaned out my linen closet. Towels and toiletries are now on the shelves in the bathroom and I've moved some cookbooks that I don't use a lot and various kitchen appliances to the linen closet.

I'm 200 pages into The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes ~ I really love this book, especially Lizzie and Elric's story. I also think it's great how smoothly the story transitions between the sister's stories. If I didn't know three authors had written it, I wouldn't be able to tell a difference.

My sister can go into labor at anytime. Baby's due 9/21, but she (baby) is already over 8 pounds ~ she could get between 9-10 pounds if she goes to term.....and even more if she goes past term. My sister should find out from the doctor tomorrow whether or not there'll be a C-section. My sister's hips aren't very wide and they're thinking this may be too much baby for my sister's frame. After baby's born, my sister's going to go stay with my mom for about a week, which means kiddo will be staying with me. Hence the cleaning.

Labels:

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Rosie

    I try to do deep cleaning a couple of times a year. We did a major deep cleaning before my in-laws visited in early August. I'll probably do another just before Thanksgiving because I change furniture around for the holiday season.

    Are you excited about the baby? How many nieces and nevvies do you have?

    Hey major kudos with not gaining any weight on vacation. That's just plain awesome.

     
  • At 5:17 AM, Blogger Stacy~

    I get that compulsion every once in awhile...like every 5 or 10 years. Don't feel it now - too bad.

    Good luck with the new niece or nephew. Babies are always a blessing.

    I'm not paying attention to the book you're reading - I already have a TBR pile that's threatening to kill me...

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Isabel

    I need to do a deep cleaning soon. Not looking forward to it. Bleh.

    Good luck to your sister. Hope she gets a c section! Congrats on being an aunt again.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Dev

    Rosie ~ This will be my second niece. My sister's husband has two boys, so I suppose I have a couple of nephews too.

    Stacy ~ You're smarter than I am. My TBR pile is currently taking up the two deepest drawers in my linen closet. I still look for more ideas of things to read.

    Izzy ~ I'm actually looking forward to finishing up tonight. I love coming home to a clean house. We should find out today on the C-section. I hope she has one too.

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Jenster

    So glad you're back!! Wish I felt compelled to clean my house. It's driving me crazy, but I'm not in the mood.

    Can't wait to hear about the new baby!

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger romancelover

    I wish the cleaning bug would bite me...in the butt! Seriously, my place is a mess! Ugh!

    Anyhoo...where'd you get the awesome blog template. I need to revamp my blog..it's currently BORING!

    :)

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Dev

    Jen ~ It feels good to be organized, at least for a few days. I'm not a slob by any means, but sometimes I'm so busy going in and out I can't ever seem to catch up. Then one day I take a look at the sty I live in and decide it's time to clean :-)

    Daniella ~ I like your blog, but sometimes change is nice :-) I got the template from Caz (bloggertemplatesbycaz.blogspot.com)

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger CindyS

    If your done with that bug can you ship him on up to me. I'm also not normally a slob. Note I said normally. Ugh.

    Just a few more days before the baby comes! Lots of good thoughts for you and your family.

    CindyS