Life is too short to read a bad book.
Monday, November 27, 2006,9:19 PM
Quick Post

Well, I got deemed "Employee of the Day" today. Just in fun. I had somebody ask me the age-old question: "How are you?" Well, I could have lied and said fine ~ instead, I replied "I would rather be hung upside down on the Rims by my toenails in a red dress than be here today." Well, I'm good for a laugh if nothing else.

I gave a presentation to the CEO today and it went really well. I even got an "Atta-girl." I was told I was going to be playing a key part in the changes that we will be implementing in the near future as far as retention and employee morale goes. What that means, I have no idea. But I was told I did an excellent job of marketing what we needed and our vision for the future of our organization. So ~ yay me.

PS ~ The Rims are sandstone cliffs that surround our town ~ very beautiful, very regal. This is a picture of them.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Jenster

    Look at you go! Good job, Devonna!

    BTW - very pretty picture. :o)

    Jen

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Mailyn

    Congrats and LMAO at your real thoughts! :-P

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Dev

    Jen ~ Thanks! I can't take credit for the picture though ~ I found it on the web.

    Mailyn ~ Thanks. I very rarely ever say "fine", unless I'm really not (to the point where I don't want to talk to anybody). Otherwise, I always have some comment.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Stacy~

    Hey that's awesome Devonna. Glad to hear you're getting some recognition.

    Beautiful picture. Wouldn't mind having that to look at where I lived. How far away are you from that area?

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Dev

    Stacy ~ We're actually in the valley right under them. They virtually surround the town ~ it's an amazing view to go up there at night and see the lights of the town.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Rowena

    LMAO, you'd really rather be hanging upside down in a red dress? Dude, you brave woman you...haha.

    CONGRATS on the 'atta girl too, great job sweets!

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger CindyS

    Glad you had a great day at work. Since I'm not fluent in any kind of business lingo I have no clue what was said to you ;)

    So, what colour would you strappy shoes be? You would have kickass heals on right?

    CindyS

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Jen

    The rims look that good?? I will have to take a closer look at them when I visit your town this weekend!

    I always loved having a great day at work. Super boost to the ego and it is always nice to know you are appreciated and that you are doing a good job :)

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Dev

    Dylan ~ Well, it's a better answer than "fine". :-) I try to be creative.

    Cindy ~ Hmmm...strappy sandals? Hadn't thought about it. Probably red with jeweled accents?

    Jen ~ They're beautiful, really. You'll have to have a look-see when you come to town.

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Isabel

    Very pretty picture. Congratulations on Employee of the day.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Dev

    Izzy ~ Thanks :-) The picture's not mine, but it was one of the better ones I found.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Rosie

    Yay Dev!!