Life is too short to read a bad book.
Friday, November 24, 2006,9:20 AM
Passing the Word
I saw this at Stacy's blog and am passing the word:

Something cool that Xerox is doing If you go to this web site, www.letssaythanks.com , you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed services. How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!!

This is a great site.

Please send a card.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger Stacy~

    Thanx Devonna, for spreading the word. Regardless of one's personal feelings, I believe we should stick by our troops. So many of them are away from their families, and this is the time of year it hurts the worst.

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Jen

    I actually got an e-mail with this info in it. Never thought of posting it on my blog! Thank you for spreading the word. This kind of thing is a good reminder for all of us about what is *really* important!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Dev

    Stacy ~ Exactly. I think everyone should (and hopefully does) support our troops regardless of how they feel about this war.

    Jen ~ I hadn't heard about it until I stopped by Stacy's blog yesterday. I'm glad I did. I went right on over to the website and chose my card.

    I have a sister in the service. I thank God everyday that she hasn't had to go to Iraq. She did have to serve in Kuwait and also in some sort of "something" in Turkey, but not in Iraq. She'll be leaving the service in two years and I look forward everyday to when she gets home safely.

     
  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Rosie

    Devonna, I went over and did a card. This was a great link and something very worthwhile to do. Thanks for posting it!

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Dev

    Rosie ~ Absolutely. I think it's a wonderful cause. I hope everybody who sees it, does it.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Rowena

    hey just did this on my blog too, this is a really cool thing to do especially with the holidays coming up! =)

    Thanks Devonna!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Dev

    Dylan ~ absolutely. I got this from Stacy and wanted to be sure to spread the word. I hope we get a lot of people to do cards ~ that would be fantastic.