Life is too short to read a bad book.
Saturday, November 11, 2006,10:05 AM
Charlie All Night
Just Finished:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Why I Read It: Because it’s Jennifer Crusie. I’d like to read more of her.

From the Back Cover: Dumped by her boyfriend and demoted from WBBB's prime-time spot, radio producer Allie McGuffey has nowhere to go but up. She plans to make her comeback by turning temporary DJ Charlie Tenniel into a household name. And if he's willing to help her cure her breakup blues with a rebound fling, that's an added bonus.

Charlie just wants to kick back, play good tunes and eat Chinese food. He's not interested in becoming famous. But he is interested in Allie. And after all, what harm in a little chemistry between friends?

But suddenly their one-night stand has become a four-week addiction. Night after night on the airwaves, his voice seduces her. . .and all the other women in town. He's a hit. It looks as if Charlie's solved all Allie's problems. . .except one. What is she going to do when he leaves?


My Thoughts: This was the second Crusie I’ve read, but it won’t be the last. I enjoyed the characters in this one very much. Allie, the radio producer looking for a new star; Charlie, the reluctant star of the new radio show Charlie All Night which seems to draw in a bigger and bigger crowd; Joe, Allie’s gay roommate/best friend/surrogate brother ~ not to mention all of Allie, Joe and Charlie’s coworkers at the radio station ~ oh, and Sam, the little puppy that everyone tries to take care of. There were just so many endearing characters in this story.

I'd say this was Good. Crusie has created another fun place for the reader to get lost in and I look forward to reading more stories of hers in the future.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    This was good. It was also my second Crusie too. :P I liked how Allie and Charlie were together.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Jennie

    I think this is the only Crusie still in print that I've never read. I need to get it! I love all her other books. :)

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Dev

    Ames ~ I really enjoyed Allie and Charlie ~ The background characters were great too.

    Jennie ~ You need to. I really enjoyed this one.

     
  • At 5:40 AM, Blogger Stacy~

    It was very enjoyable, one of the few I've read by her. I liked it a lot.

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Rowena

    Awww I liked this one, so cute and perfect for the mood I was in when I read it..I'm glad you liked it girly!

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Holly

    I liked this one, too. It's not my FAVORITE, but it is good. :)

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Dev

    Stacy ~ I liked it. I'll definitely reading more Crusie.

    Dylan ~ I liked Allie and Charlie. I loved Joe, the gay roommate.

    Holly ~ This is only my second Crusie but I liked it better than the other one I read. I'll be reading more of her, definitely.

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Rowena

    Ooh me too, Joe was too cute with his perfect self! ;)

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Dev

    Dylan ~ He was just the perfect "perfect man". A great big brother type for Allie.