Life is too short to read a bad book.
Thursday, October 26, 2006,8:28 PM
And Then Came You
Just Finished:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Recommended by: I can’t remember. I think initially I wanted to read a different sister’s story and knew I’d have to start with this one.

From the Back Cover: Nine years ago, Samantha Marconi was swept away in a whirlwind wedding...even though she'd only known her new husband for a month. When Jeff left her just weeks after the wedding-she found out she was pregnant and had nowhere to turn. So Sam did the only thing she thought she could do. She placed her daughter up for adoption and tried to forget the past-until her past came knocking on her door...

Jeff never received Sam's letters, nor did he know she had their child-until after the little girl was put up for adoption. Jeff managed to find their daughter, Emma, and lovingly raised her on his own. He's about to remarry-but his divorce from Sam never went through. Jeff needs Sam's help to get "unmarried," and quick. Yet when Jeff shows up on Sam's doorstep, he's shocked to find the sparks that once flew between them are still burning strong. Can he let Sam go again? Especially when the truth about what really happened nine years ago is finally revealed...


My Thoughts: I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve been in a reading slump, but I had a hard time focusing on this book. There were some tender moments, there were moments that made me cry and there were some funny moments. I enjoyed Emma (the daughter) she was cute and never stopped talking! I didn’t quite understand Sam and Jeff’s relationship or why they broke up in the first place. My understanding was that they had a passionate love affair and they fought all the time. One day he left and never came back. But I never really understood why. I’d say this was Okay ~ not something I’d read again, but since it’s part of a series I’m not sure if I’ll get rid of it yet or not.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger nath

    I've read one of the book of this series and I didn't really like it :( So I haven't read any of the other books.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Rowena

    I feel you on the reading slump, but I think I found the book to really get me out of that...Take a Chance On Me worked, but Morrigan's Cross really jolted me out of the slump, I'm officially out of the slump, woo hoo!! I'll pray for you, Nath! ;)

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ I liked the 2nd in the series A Crazy Kind of Love. The rest of them have been okay, but not terrific.

    Dylan ~ I got Morrigan's Cross at the library on Saturday. I get to start it tonight and can't wait. I guess that's the motivator for getting me out of my slump.