Life is too short to read a bad book.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006,9:53 PM
Turn My World Upside Down
Just Finished:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Why I Read It: 3rd in the Marconi sisters series.

From the Back Cover: Jo Marconi has her hands full working hard at the family business and struggling to get her belated college degree. The last thing she needs is a ten-year-old boy to look after. But that's exactly what she gets when her stepbrother comes to live with her. It's clear Jack needs a father figure. But why must he seek out Cash Hunter-the one man Jo can't stop thinking about! Cash has a reputation as being the sexiest man in town, and Jo refuses to become another notch in his belt. At least, that's what she tells herself...

Cash Hunter has risked his heart in the past, and he's not about to make the same mistake again. He vows to keep the irresistible Jo at arm's length-until the attraction between them gets too hot to handle. And when Jo reveals a secret from her past, Cash knows it's time to step up to the plate. Jo is the woman he wants, and he'll find a way to show her once and for all-even if it means losing her forever...Filled with Maureen Child's trademark wit, sassy heroines, devastatingly sexy heroes, and deep sensuality, TURN MY WORLD UPSDIDE DOWN will remain with you long after the last page is turned.


My Thoughts: This book was the whole reason I read this series. I wanted to read this book, but I have to read a series in order. It’s my thing. Well, I just don’t know what to say. Cash and Jo have been bickering at each other throughout the whole series. I was looking forward to their story. They both have secrets ~ and I pretty much knew what their secrets were before I finished chapter one. I think it’s a no-brainer. So, there was no mystery there for me. No drama. No angst. So this read was disappointing to me. I thought it would be more than it was. Jo and Cash do have chemistry. I did enjoy their interactions. I enjoyed Cash’s relationship with Jo’s younger brother. I also enjoyed catching up on Mike and Lucas, and Sam and Jeff. I loved Nana ~ the short, Italian grandmother from Nebraska who comes to visit. She’s the stereotypical Italian grandma.

All in all, I’d say the book was Okay. I don’t think I’ll keep the series. I’m loaning it to a friend and then I’ll probably donate it to the Friends of the Library.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Rosie

    Devonna I just had a similar experience reading the Lucy Monroe series TOUCH ME, TEMPT ME, TAKE ME. They were okay and had some nice moments, and I was really looking forward to the third book, but it was anti-climatic for me. I'll be trading mine.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Mailyn

    OK, all I am going to say is that I SWEAR I saw Jo Macarroni when I started reading. It went downhill from there. LOL.

    Oh and 14 is not bad. I can deal with well behaved 14 year olds. OK, I can deal with any well behaved kid regardless of the age. LOL.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Stacy~

    I've never read Maureen Child, know nothing about her books, so I don't know if I'll check them out. I do the same thing with a series - read them in order. Too bad the last one wasn't the best one. I hate when that happens.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Dev

    Rosie ~ I've been looking everywhere for that series and can't find it. I'm probably going to have B&N order it in for me....Might have to wait on that one to see if I get an employee discount :-)

    Mailyn ~ Macaroni hm? Well, I can understand why it'd all go downhill :-)

    Stacy ~ Especially since that book was the whole reason why I got the series. Ah well, at least I've read them and they're now off my wishlist.