Life is too short to read a bad book.
Monday, October 02, 2006,7:53 PM
Captivated
Just Finished:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Recommended by: I got it on a whim at the library.

From the Back Cover: His interest in her was purely professional . . . Or so he told himself. Nash Kirkland had sought out the alluring Morgana Dovovan to help him research his latest screenplay, though the hardheaded skeptic didn't believe for a minute she was what she professed to be. But, as Morgana revealed herself to him, Nash found himself falling under her bewitching spell. Nash had never trusted his feelings and always kept them in check. So how could he be sure the irresistible passion he felt for Morgana was real and not just some conjurer's trick?

My Thoughts: I'm tired so this will be very brief. I thought this was Okay ~ not fantastic, but not horrible. This is the first Nora Roberts book I’ve read in years. I thought there could have been more development, bother with the characters and the settings but the story was only 197 pages so with that in mind it was all right. I’ll read the next in the series, just because you know how I am with those series books. I can’t just read the first one…and maybe the next one will be better.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Tara Marie

    I liked this one, read it way back when it was new and have reread many times over the years. You can see so much of NR future characters in Morgana, her strengths. Loved when her temper and hurt feelings get the best of her, Nash didn't know what hit him.

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Dev

    I'm liking Sebastian's story better. I haven't read Nora Roberts since she did the Calhoun series way back when, so I'm not sure what I expected.

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Mailyn

    Man everyone has read at least one book by this woman. I am just not tempted enough. LOL.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Rowena

    Hey I read this one and I really enjoyed it...I thought Nash was a great hero, and I think Morganna's story was my favorite of this trio of stories, although maybe I'm wrong..I'll have to check this out, I read this at the beginning of the year...eek! What was the sister's name? Maybe it was her book that I liked the most, I forget dammit.

    But yeah I remember thinking that it could've been better had I gotten to know the characters more, but it was good for me though.

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Dev

    Mailyn ~ I'm finishing this series, and then I've also started Montana Sky.

    Dylan ~ The 3rd cousin's name is Anastasia ~ haven't gotten to her story yet. That's up next.

    I'm almost wondering if maybe I didn't like this story as much because the stories I've read lately have been between 300-500 pages? Since this book was a lot smaller, maybe that's what I didn't like about it?

    There I go, playing Devil's Advocate with myself again......

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Jennie

    I've got this one out from the library now too! I actually have the collector's edition, which includes all three in the trilogy. (I'm like you, if I start a series, I almost always have to finish it. So I love omnibus editions!)

    I love stories about witches, so I'll probably like this one.

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Dev

    Jennie ~ That's the one I got too. I'm really liking Sebastian's story ~ I'm hoping to finish it within the next few days. If only work didn't interfere with my reading time.