Life is too short to read a bad book.
Sunday, October 01, 2006,4:00 PM
Wanting What You Get
Just Finished:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Recommended by: 2nd book in the Stepp Sisters series.

From the Back Cover: This can't be happening

Is he flirting with me? I must be imagining things. Why would Mason Sweet, the gorgeous mayor of Millbrook, Maine, the man I've secretly been in love with since the seventh grade, flirt with me? He's the town golden boy, and I'm, well, the local librarian. The Stepp sister who stayed close to home. The one who bakes brownies...then eats them all. My thighs make that whick-whick-whick sound in pantyhose. He can't possibly be flirting with me. So why is he giving me that melt-you-where-you-stand look? Why is he pulling me close? And what is he whispering in my ear?

Sorry, could you repeat that? Now I'm hearing things, because I swear Mason just asked me if I'd like to...well, he wasn't asking for a book recommendation, let's put it that way. Oh my, my, my. Okay, Ellie, stop blushing like a teenage girl. I'm sure he didn't mean it. Maybe I should just alphabetize something. Be the good girl everyone expects. Eat another brownie. Forget this ever happened. So why is it I can't stop myself from saying, "Yes...."


My Thoughts: This is the second book in the Stepp Sisters trilogy by Kathy Love, and I liked it even better than the first one. There was just a sweetness about this story that I found myself crying, a lot. There were also points in the story where the hero tried to push the heroine away by being cruel which caused me to cry also. The story was a wow for me.

I’d rate this a Very Good read. I look forward to reading the last book in the trilogy: Wanting Something More.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


17 Comments:


  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Stacy~

    This is my kinda book. I've never read anything by Kathy Love, but I read your previous post and think I might have to read these. Geez, so many authors, books, recs, so freakin' little time!

    Love your blog, btw.

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Isabel

    Ok, I'm adding the series to my list. :)

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Rosie

    Yeah...this was a good one!

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey you changed again! COOL!

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Dev

    Stacy ~ I know! These were my first Kathy Love books. I had to order the 3rd one, so am anxiously waiting so I can read that one too!

    Isabel ~ I hope you like it. I think she switched over to vampire books after she did this series.

    Rosie ~ You got to read the whole series back-to-back. I have to wait until at least next weekend before I get to read Marty's story.

    Zeek ~ I got bored. I like this one though, so I may keep this look for awhile.

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger ~ames~

    Hi Devonna!! Like the new look. :P

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Rosie

    Dev, if you were closer I'd lend you mine! : ) My sister happens to have them right now though.

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Colleen Gleason

    I've never read a Kathy Love. Must put her on my list, thanks to your recommendations!

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Dev

    Ames ~ Thanks! I got bored again :-) I like this look, so I'll probably keep it for awhile.

    Rosie ~ If you were close, I'd take you up on the offer. I'll wait patiently. Hopefully I'll have it by the weekend.

    Colleen ~ You're welcome! These were my first by her and I like them. I'm sure I'll be reading more of hers in the future.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger ~ames~

    Dev-it's very Halloweenish. And it's not even orange. LOL But the black cat makes it seem that way.

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Rowena

    Hey Devonna,

    Girl I'm really digging your new look, you go with your blog template changing ways! =)

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Dev

    Ames ~ I hadn't thought about it. I guess it could be a bit Halloween(ish) with the cat, hm?

    Dylan ~ Thanks. I'm liking the look. I think I may keep it around for a bit :-)

     
  • At 3:37 AM, Blogger CindyS

    Ho-boy. Do you have any preconceived notions of the third book? I did and they got blown out of the water from the get go.

    I really liked the first book, got a bit icked out by the second book and felt completely ripped off by the third.

    I'll be interested in hearing what you think about the last in the trilogy.

    I picked up Fangs For The Memories and got burned and I have now sworn off Kathy Love until I hear a chorus of 'keeper!!' coming, I done!

    CindyS

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Tara Marie

    I read this series last year. And this is probably the best of the 3, but when I look back on the story Ellie deserved better.

    I'm curious to see your thoughts on the next one.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Dev

    Cindy and Tara Marie ~ I'm keeping an open mind. The hero for Marty's story was a jerk in Ellie's book, but maybe the coma changed him?

    As far as her vampire books, I'm not sure I'll be reading them. I like a good paranormal romance as much as the next girl, but I like my vampire stories darker.

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Nikki

    I love this book!! It touched me in a way that few books do. This is the best in the trilogy in my opinion. I had high hopes for the third one but it fell a little short. I still liked it though.

    I tried the Vamp series. I couldn't finish the first book. In my opinion, if you can get it on Paperback swap good, otherwise think twice before you pay Tradesize price for it.

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Dev

    Nikki ~ I try to do the library as much as possible. If I bought every book I wanted to read, I'd be broke real quick :-) My library does have her vampire books, so if I ever do decide to read them I can.

    I'm still patiently waiting for Marty's story..hopefully, I'll have it by the weekend.