Life is too short to read a bad book.
Sunday, September 24, 2006,11:16 PM
Trust Me
Just Finished:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Recommended by: No one. Got this one from the library.

From the Back Cover: When Desdemona Wainwright tries to collect a much-needed payment for catering Sam Stark's canceled wedding reception, she encounters not a heartbroken suitor, but the steel-willed head of a multimillion-dollar consulting firm with the cold brain of a computer -- and the finely hewn body of a medieval knight. Sam sees a beautiful, theatrical hoyden with huge turquoise eyes who has the right professional catering skills he needs for his business. Opposites attract, and before long, he's sure he's found the perfect business wife; but Desdemona intends to break down the walls around his heart.

When someone tries to steal his top-secret computer program, suspicions center on the people Desdemona holds most dear. As sinister intrigues swirl around them all, this unlikely pair discover that their love and even their lives may depend on emotions and bonds that can't be measured -- like unstoppable passion and unbreakable trust. Filled with fabulous fun, tingling suspense, and a wonderful new love story, Trust Me is great entertainment.


My Thoughts: I don’t think I have the words. Jayne Ann Krentz definitely knows how to do chemistry. I enjoyed it from beginning to end and could hardly put it down.

Desdemona Wainwright runs her own catering company. She meets Sam Stark on the day of his wedding, when he is left at the altar. Desdemona takes him under her wing and introduces him to her large theatrical family who also happen to work for her in the catering business between acting gigs. The attraction between the two is almost instant ~ granted he doesn’t notice her right away, but it only takes a month before he makes his move (and what a move he makes).

The story pretty much revolves around Stark and Desdemona’s relationship, and also about the basic family relationship ~ Desdemona’s with her large, close-knit artistic family; and Stark with his small, dysfunctional one. The mystery that is hinted at in the book jacket doesn’t even happen until 2/3 the way through the story and then is tidied up before the last chapter. Which is fine with me ~ I’m there for the romance.

I’d say this is a Very Good read. I couldn’t put down until I was finished. This was my first Jayne Ann Krentz book and I'm looking forward to reading more of her stories in the future.

(Yay – that makes two in a row!)

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


22 Comments:


  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger Marg

    Oh, I have had people pimping this book to me!! I want to read the first one first though!

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    oooo havent read a JAK in long time, might have to seek this one out ... and

    I love the new look!

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Angela James

    I have to say, I love Jayne Ann Krentz. I own most all of her backlist. There are very few books I don't own. That incudes all of her pseudonyms, lol. I've never been able to articulate what it is that makes me pick them up to re-read, but it might be just what you said--chemistry. And she writes fabulous alpha heroes but her heroines aren't total dipshits and they weren't, even in her earlier books. I appreciate that.

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Anne

    OMG! I just pulled this one off my shelf to read! How FREAKY. I got this book from a friend and have been meaning to read it for a long time. Now I'm glad it's next in line to be read. : )

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Dev

    Marg ~ I really liked it. I want to read more of Jayne Ann Krentz now.

    Zeek ~ Thanks! I get bored so it seems I'm always fiddling with the look. This as my first JAK, but I really want to read more ~ Maybe not her entire backlist, but then again, you never know.

    Angie ~ Exactly. Desdemona was smart, as was her whole family. I have a hard time reading a book if the heroine is Too Stupid To Live ~ it usually always ends up as a wallbanger for me. I've got a few Amanda Quick's in my pile that I'm going to read.

    Anne ~ I hope you like it. I literally could not go to bed last night until I finished it.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger ~ames~

    This book was recommended to me when I made that Beta hero request. So I have it in my TBR pile and now I think I'm going to have to read it soon. I haven't read JAK before either. :P

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Mailyn

    Meh, me and Beta heroes. They tend to be too bland for my taste.

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Dev

    Ames ~ I liked it. Stark is right up there with Sam Donovan for me, even if he doesn't know how to dress himself.

    Mailyn ~ I'd never really thought about it..Beta vs. Alpha. I like a mix of both, usually. My Alphas have to have a touch of Beta and vice versa.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Jenster

    I listend to this book on tape while ironing a couple years ago. I liked it. In fact, I listened to a couple of her books on tape and liked them, too.

    I typically read historical so I really liked her Quick books. I've got a couple on my shelves and am in need of a new read. Hm. You may have solved my dilema for me.

    BTW - I like a mix of Alpha/Beta, too.

    Jen

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Jennie

    I'm another one who has never read JAK. I did read a Quick book once (they're the same person, yes?) and was not thrilled by it. But I want to give JAK a try.

    Might request this one from the library. :)

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Dev

    Jen ~ I haven't read her Quick books yet, though I have a few checked out from the library. I'm wanting to read more JAK, though.

    Jennie ~ I've got a few of her Quick books from the library, but they definitely have a different feel to them. I'm hoping to get them read sometime within the next week or so.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Rowena

    Hey!!! I've read 2 JAKs and I really enjoyed them, so maybe I'll pick up some more, this most definitely made me want to read more, so good on you sweets!

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Kelley Nyrae

    I've never read a JAK book but have been wanting too! Maybe this will be my first one.

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Rosie

    For me it's her dialogue. I love her snappy and witty dialogue. The characters always seem so accessible. I've been seeing and hearing her name so much lately between the JAK and Quick books that I'm ready to pull some of my favs off the keeper shelf.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Dev

    Dylan ~ I'm glad. I've definitely got more JAK on my wishlist.

    Kelley ~ Let me know how you like it. I've got others of her on my list now, so look forward to reading them soon. It's always exciting for me to read a "new to me" author ~ I somehow always go searching for their backlists.

    Rosie ~ Her dialogue is great, and she is awesome at telling a story. I love stories like that, where you just can't put the book down. I'm looking forward to reading more of her books.

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Rowena

    Which ones have you read by JAK already? I think I've read Soft Focus (which I really liked) and Family Man (another one I really liked)...I think I'll break those out and do a reread, soon...

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Holly

    I've never read JAK before. I've read her as Amanda Quick and didn't really go ga-ga for her, but I'll try her out and see. ;)

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Dev

    Dylan ~ This was first JAK. I've got 7 others of hers on my wishlist ~ heck, I may end up reading her backlist.

    Holly ~ I've got a couple of Amanda Quick's ~ I open them, read a page and close them. The JAK wsa different ~ I couldn't close the book. It's a different writing style, which is surprising since they are essentially by the same author.

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Holly

    Wow. I'm going to try her, then. I figured the writing style would be the same and didn't bother.

    Crap, now you're going to force me to go broke, aren't you? LOL

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Dev

    Me ~ I'm a library hound. I can't afford all these books! :-) I've gotten to where I've wasted so much money on bad books, I'll check them out from the library and then if I love them I'll buy them (but only if I know I'll re-read them again at some point).

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger nath

    Hey :D I hunt down this book after reading your review and realized that I've read this book in French a few years back :P Still, a pretty good read :D and I discovered there was a difference between Jayne Anne Krentz and Jayne Krantz ^^;

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ I almost made that mistake when I was looking for the Jayne Anne Krentz books. I had all of these titles I wanted to read and couldn't understand why I couldn't find any of them!