Life is too short to read a bad book.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008,8:53 AM
Only 10 Below??????
......that's what the weatherman just said on the radio. Only??? I'm freezing my patuty off! Of course, it didn't help that initially I was hot so I guzzled a liter of cold water. Now I can't warm up. But I've got my trusty hot tea. It's only a matter of time.

With the windchill factor ~ it'll be 30 below zero today. Yowza.

~~~~~

In health news, I achieved my second goal this morning. Yeah, me!!! :-)

~~~~~

I'm halfway through the Jane Goodger book. It's really good ~ if you're looking for a decent time travel, pick this one up. Except, Jane doesn't seem to know the different between "their" and "they're". That's thrown me a few times, but I forgive her.

~~~~~

Last but not least, we wound up in the ER with kiddo again on Sunday. This is how her teenage mind works: She wanted to try snowboarding, so she took an old skateboard and removed the wheels and climbed to the top of the hill (street) in front of my sister's house. She got halfway down the hill before she hit the rock and went flying. Popped out her knee, but it popped back in; now it's filled with fluid/blood/and all sorts of general gooey ickiness. Her knee is 3 times the size of the other one. So, she's on crutches and will be for about 2 more weeks. I told her next time she wanted some quality family time, I vote we go to a movie instead. She replied, "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time." And then in a quiet voice said, "It was fun while it lasted." She's currently making plans to try to skateboard down the same hill come spring. I told her we'd just go ahead and book the ER now. To quote Holly, *headdesk*.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger CindyS

    Sounds like Kiddo plans on aging you all quickly - when the ER nurses know her by name lock her in her room ;) Glad it was her knee and not her head!

    And I can relate to being cold even though it is quite nice out today. Still I haven't felt warm in weeks! I think hubby has the heater tuned to another setting that's hidden.

    And woohoo for getting to your goal. I'm thinking fireworks would be appropriate.

    CindyS

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Holly

    Aren't kids fun? Little Man has had several trips to the ER because he thought it would be fun to do crazy stuff. *headesk* indeed.

    Dude, I HATE COLD WEATHER. I'm so glad I live in So. Cal and don't have to deal with that anymore. And MM wanted to move. *snort*

    Way to go on the goal!

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Dev

    Cindy ~ I've still got two more goals to go (I've broken my large goal into 4 mini-goals); but I'm more than halfway to where I want to be!

    Holly ~ Fun?? I suppose, maybe ~ on the days that they don't cause use to go to the ER :-) The cold doesn't bother me ~ I like it better than the heat. At least with the cold, you can add layers; I can't ever seem to cool off in the summer. So, I take it MM's given up on the idea of moving to Montana?

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Holly

    Montana isn't an option, period. So whether if he gave it up or not doesn't matter. LOL

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Dev

    Holly ~ I figured as much :-)

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Stacy~

    I feel your pain, but not quite to the degree you do. Tonight's supposed to get down to zero with a 30 to 50(!) below winchill. Insanity I tell you.

    Kiddos today think they are immortal. Hang on to your sanity Dev.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Isabel

    damn that is cold. So glad i don't live where you live.

    I'm glad Kiddo is ok. If she wanted to try snowboarding, why didn't she say, "Hey, lets go up to the snow and try snowboarding?"
    I have to say, that was creative though.

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger nath

    10 below, that's in F right? cos if it is, that is veryyyy cold.

    So what are your goals?

    I hate it when there are mistakes in a book. I mean, why didn't the editors pick it up?

    LOL, how the minds of kids work :P hopefully, she'll learn something from this experience :P

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Jenster

    My aunt and uncle outside of Townsend drove into town for church on Sunday and then had to spend the night because the country roads back to the house were impassable. That's some cold, snowy weather! We'd take a smidge of that here.

    Yea for reaching your second goal!

    Kiddo is cracking me up. I'm glad she's okay! Kids!

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Dev

    Stacy ~ I'm still sane. Just shaking my head and trying not to laugh. I mean, really. She's got an imagination, that's for sure.

    Izzy ~ Good question. I would have preferred it if she'd have asked it. She's a funny kid.

    Nath ~ I hope she's learned something, but since she's already planning her next trip down the same hill, I doubt it. I've got one large goal that's divided up into 4 smaller ones ~ so far, I've hit the first two goals and am now in the home stretch.

    Jen ~ Townsend is only a few hours from here. The weather gets bad for about a day at a time and then tapers off again. It's strange. Kiddo cracks me up, too. I'm not allowed to call her "gimp" or "Hop-along" ~ she gets mad, but she has given me permission to call her "Grace" because it sounds pretty. Little does she know that Grace is short for Gimpy-Grace-Hopalong.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Jodi_Lee

    Hahahahaha! Well, hindsight is 20/20. :P