Life is too short to read a bad book.
Friday, January 18, 2008,8:20 PM
7 Things Meme
Lori , that lovely lady, tagged me for the 7 things meme. I'm a little delinquent in getting this posted. A warning ~ this is boring and mundane, but here goes:

1. I am an obsessive researcher. Currently, I am trying to learn everything I can about Savannah and am reading the Frommer's book on it right now ~ not to mention I have "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" requested from the library. Not normally my usual read, but we'll see.

2. I'm addicted to cookbooks, but rarely use them. I like to create my own meals and am, in fact, a dumper. You know ~ a little of this, a little of that until it tastes the way you want it.

3. I'm still trying to combine the "reader me" with the "healthy me". I even created a diet blog to keep me here in blogger land. I still need to realize that the two do not have to be mutually exclusive.

4. I'm a slob. I admit it and I hate it, but there it is.

5. I snort when I laugh. Bad. Not as bad as Horseshack, but I always end my laugh with a good snort. I used to hate it. Now I just accept it. Oh, and I laugh loud, like my mother. That used to embarass me as a child ~ now it just embarasses my niece. And can you imagine the poor thing being stuck between my mother and me??? Again, poor thing.

6. I have to have noise in the background so that I can sleep. Thank God for timers so I don't burnup my tv :-) Really, without the noise I can't sleep.

7. I'm a caregiver. I take care of everybody. My mom, my sister, my nieces, my friends...I'm the "go-to" girl. And it doesn't stop. I even do that at my job ~ my boss has mentioned it on more than one occassion that I make it my life to take care of everybody. I'm not sure how to change that. It's just automatic.

I need to tag 7 people. I'll tag Izzy, Nath, Rosie, Jodi, Wena, Cindy, and Jen.

Labels:

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Jodi_Lee

    We have so much in common!

    I'm a slob (I hate it too!).

    I have an obnoxiously loud, strange type laugh, also, inherited from my mother. It often startles people who don't know me, but I can't help it; it's my laugh.

    I absolutely must have noise when I go to sleep...it is imperative to my life-force! LOL

    Oh geez...you picked me. I'll see what I can do. ;)

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Holly

    You tagged all the people i wanted to tag...sheesh. LOL

    I'm a slob, too. It sucks, but there you go. I'm learning to accept it. Well, not really. But sometimes I tell myself that. LOL

    See, I'm a "dumper" too when I cook, but I usually start with a base recipe, then just add or modify from there. You should try it sometime. :)

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Dev

    Jodi ~ Well, you've got 3 so far. You only have to think of 4 more :-) And of course, after I posted I thought of even better ones, but oh well.

    Holly ~ Sorry :-) Good to know I'm not alone with the whole slob issue ~ I seem to be the only one in the family, though. I read cookbooks all the time and get ideas from them ~ I'll try the base recipe sometime and see what happens.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger nath

    Oh no, I got tagged! LOL, I'll try to do it soon. So it's just 7 things about me right?

    and LOL, I'm a major slob too ^^; I guess we all have that in common!

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ Well, at least I'm in good company :-)

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Isabel

    I'm somewhat of slob. I dump my things in random spots but then.. I have to pick it up cause it starts bugging me. lol.

    I thought about starting a blog for my diet stuff too.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Dev

    Izzy ~ Well, it looks like we slobs are in the majority. I guess I don't feel as guilty now :-)

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Stacy~

    Yep, I'm a slob too. Feel super guilty about it, but I just hate cleaning. I'd rather read.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Dev

    Stacy ~ Me too. There's only so much time in the day.

     
  • At 3:16 AM, Blogger CindyS

    Ahhhh, I'm among my peeps ;) Slob is probably the best word for me but I get obsessed about the mess and then won't sit and read.

    And if you are boring and mundane then my list will be a snooze fest!

    CindyS

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Dev

    Cindy ~ Welcome to the party :-) Glad to know I'm not alone in my slobiness.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Jenster

    Great list!

    1. I'm a researcher, too. Especially when I'm reading an historical.

    2. I love sitting and perusing my cookbooks. Not that I ever make anything from them, but they're fun to have.

    3. Of course you can blog about all of it!!

    4. I'm a slob, too. :o(

    5. I snort when I laugh really hard. lol

    6. I think a lot of people are like that. I like things quiet myself. :o)

    7. This is one of the things that attracts us to you. It's so obvious you're such a caring girl. It's why we love you!

    I'll start working on mine, but no promises as to when I'll get it up. Me and my slump, you know.

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger Dev

    Jen ~ Completely understandable. It took me awhile to post mine, too :-)

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger Lori

    I'm a slob, too. And yay, another snorter. See, I'm not alone! And when I'm really worked up, I do Horshack also. In high school I didn't really have it under control, so I'd do a Horshack and end it with a snort. So unladylike. Sheesh.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Dev

    Lori ~ Well, you're in good company. I think it's the goal of everyone I know to make me laugh just so I'll snort. I agree. Sheesh.