Life is too short to read a bad book.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007,7:50 PM
Shopping
Have I mentioned my hatred for shopping? I hate it. Unless of course it's for groceries, kitchenwares, or for books. I could do that forever.

It's getting colder outside. There are all sorts of good things about losing weight. But let me tell you the bad thing. You have no clothes. So, what's a girl to do. I had to shop. My little skirts, crop pants, and t-shirts aren't going to keep me warm this winter. Of course, I have hopes that Mr. Crush will. But I can't wear him to work ~ although, I really wish I could :-)

Anyway, back to shopping. I went to Ross and got 3 pants and 3 shirts ~ all for $69.00. Not bad, I thought. Oh, and small victory for me. I actually tried the clothes on first. I hate that ~ although not as much as I used to. But I still have a tendency to pick myself apart and look for what's wrong, versus what's right. I'm working on it.

Next, I went to Borders since I was right next door. Was on the hunt for Hundreds of Years to Reform a Rake. No luck there. So, continued on.

Next, were Costco and Walmart. Groceries ~ yay! I love grocery shopping ~ hate walmart. People check their manners at the door. Although tonight wasn't bad. No lines, no waiting. I was in and out in a flash. Costco was a bit busier, but it's okay. I bought a few Christmas presents, a few groceries, and a lovely crate of pomegranates. Yum!

Barnes & Noble was on the way home, so I figured "why not?". They had the book I was looking for (no wonder they're my favorite!), plus I was able to pick up a book for kiddo for Christmas.

~~~~~~

On the reading front, I'm halfway through Caine's Reckoning and can I just say "WOW"? I've never read a Sarah McCarty before, although I've had Mac's Law on my wishlist forever. But, for those of you who love Sarah, I doubt you'll be disappointed with this one. I'll definitely have to read a few more of her books ~ if her others are as good as this one, she may become an auto-buy for me.

~~~~~~

On the health front, my next CT scan is Friday. More waiting, and then I should know (or not know ~ which just means more waiting) by the middle of next week. Is it bad that part of me hopes that there is a change so that they do have to do surgery? Just because if they have to go in there anyway, can't they just scrape this lump off my ribs? If not, that's okay too. Then it'll just be more monitoring, more blood tests, and more waiting. Ugh.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Lori

    Shopping due to weight loss is excellent. Congrats!

    On the Sarah McCarty front, I highly recommend the Promises series. It's also western historical, and just absolutely awesome.

    I hope that everything turns out ok on the CT. I'll b thinking of you :)

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Stacy~

    I hate shopping too, unless it's for books. All those people getting in my way...

    I got an ebook 2 Christmases ago for Mac's Law, and have been a fan ever since. Lori's right - the Promise series is hot.

    Good luck with your tests. Just remember we'll all have you in our thoughts.

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Dev

    Lori ~ The Promise series, hm? I'll have to check that out. And shopping is a better experience now ~ hey, at least I'll try things on. I still hate it though.

    Stacy ~ On the plus side, I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping. This year, I'm determined to get out there before the "Christmas Crazies".

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger ~ames~

    I hate shopping, unless its for books. That's it. LOL And trying on clothes in the store, ugh! But good deal, 69 bucks for 3 outfits!!

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Dev

    Ames ~ I can't complain. I don't want to buy a lot because I'm not planning on staying this size for that long. I may buy a few more sweaters, but that'll be it. Until the next time I have to go shopping.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger sula

    Congrats on the weight loss! :)

    I have only recently started enjoying shopping. Have lost 55+ lbs on WW and it's weirdly fun to try things on in random sizes and find that they fit. But yeah, it seems a waste to spend $$ on clothes that you plan to not fit into in a while. I certainly have made use of my local Goodwill during the weight-loss thing. *g*

    Sarah McCarty's books are awesome. Romantic and super-hot and sexy and oh yeah...I love 'em. Definitely looking forward to Caine's Reckoning.

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Dev

    Sula ~ Congrats on your weightloss, also! You should be proud of yourself!

    Caine's has been excellent so far! I hope to have my post up this weekend about it :-)

    I make good use of goodwill too. I don't want to spend a lot of money while I'm at my in-between sizes.

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Rosie

    So I'm reading your post today and see this one. How'd I miss it? Freaky that.

    Anyway if you like CAINE'S RECKONING you'll absolutely love the Promise series. They are excellent.

    So cool about the clothes and weight loss.

    Keep us posted about the CT scan.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Dev

    Rosie ~ Will do. It's tomorrow, which means I have to fast tonight. Ugh.

    Funny thing is I looked at my wishlist on librarything, and I already have the Promise series there :-) Now, I just need to get my greedy little hands on it.

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Dev

    Zeek ~ I'm telling everyone to get me gift certs for B&N for Christmas. I just feel giddy knowing I could go in and buy an armful of books at full price! I usually get them from the ubs and pbs ~ I hate budgets.