Life is too short to read a bad book.
Friday, October 19, 2007,8:57 PM
Friends of the Library Sale
Okay, so I wasn't going to go. Really I have drawers full of books I haven't read yet. But, my boss let me leave early today, so I picked kiddo up from school and off we went to the Library Sale. It's a sickness, really. Here's what I got:

Victoria Alexander
Her Highness, My Wife

Mary Balogh
More than a Mistress
One Night for Love
Silent Melody

Nina Bangs
Night Games
Unwrapped (anthology)

Lynna Banning
The Courtship

Jill Barnett
Carried Away
Just a Kiss Away

Rexanne Becnel
The Matchmaker

Maeve Binchy
Nights of Rain and Stars

Elizabeth Boyle
No Marriage of Convenience

Rebecca Brandewyne
The Ninefold Key

Connie Brockway
My Scottish Summer (anthology)

Candace Camp
Winterset

Deborah Camp
A Tough Man’s Woman

Elaine Coffman
The Bride of Black Douglas
For All the Right Reasons
If My Love Could Hold You
Somewhere Along the Way

Carolyn Davidson
Colorado Courtship
The Texan

Jude Deveraux
The Conquest
The Invitation
Temptation

Janet Evanovich
Thanksgiving

Jane Feather
The Diamond Slipper
Reckless Seduction
A Valentine Wedding

Patricia Gaffney
Outlaw in Paradise

Dorothy Garlock
Almost Eden

Julie Garwood
Guardian Angel
The Wedding

Jill Gregory
Just This Once
Once an Outlaw

Deborah Hale
The Wedding Wager

Lorraine Heath
Promise Me Forever
A Rogue in Texas

Candice Hern
The Bride Sale

Sandy Hingston
How to Kiss A Hero

Charlotte Hughes
A New Attitude

Jillian Hunter
The Devilish Pleasures of a Duke

Madeline Hunter
By Design

Lisa Jackson
Kiss of the Moon
Wild and Wicked

Laura Kinsale
Midsummer Moon

Lisa Kleypas
Where Dreams Begin

Jayne Ann Krentz
Stolen Memories (anthology)

Stephanie Laurens
Convenient Marriage

Edith Layton
Bride Enchanted

Sally MacKenzie
The Naked Earl

Susan Mallery
Shotgun Grooms

Megan McKinney
The Fortune Hunter

Judith McNaught
Once and Always

Pamela Morsi
Here Comes the Brides
Sweetwood Bride

Carla Neggers
The Harbor

Hailey North
Love: Undercover

Carly Phillips
Hot Number

Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Dream a Little Dream

Mary Jo Putney
One Perfect Rose

Karen Ranney
After the Kiss

Karen Robards
Irresistible

Nora Roberts
Less of a Stranger
Rebellion

Maggie Shayne
Sinful (anthology)

Deborah Simmons
The Last Rogue
Robber Bride

Susan Sizemore
On a Long Ago Night
The Price of Passion

Christina Skye
Bridge of Dreams
Enchantment

Bertrice Small
Beloved
Enchantress Mine

Deborah Smith
A Place to Call Home

LaVyrle Spencer
The Hellion
Vows

Cheryl St. John
The Doctor's Wife

Lyn Stone
The Arrangement

Anne Stuart
Hidden Honor
Lazarus Rising
Lord of Danger
Prince of Magic

Anne Tyler
Breathing Lessons

Jennifer Weiner
In Her Shoes
Little Earthquakes

Kathleen Woodiwiss
A Rose in Winter

Rebecca York
Face to Face

All for $22.00! Okay ~ I just counted. That's 88 books ~ when am I going to read these??????

As if that wasn't enough, kiddo and I then went to wal-mart. I bought Over Hexed by Vicki Lewis Thompson and Big Girls Don't Cry by Cathie Linz.

Oy.

Labels:

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


16 Comments:


  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Jennie

    Whoa!! How did you get them all out to your car? LOL. You're making me feel positively saintly that I only bought 20 at my last library sale. ;)

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Dev

    Jennie ~ I need to learn to reign myself in :D I now have 374 books in my TBR pile. Thank goodness there's a few holidays coming up so I have some time to just lounge and read!

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Isabel

    Wow, that's a lot of books! Very good deal. I'm reading Julie Garwood's The Wedding right now. I love that book!

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Dev

    Izzy ~ It's too many books! I have close to 400 books in my tbr pile now, although I am excited about quite a few of my finds yesterday. I need to spend less time on the computer and more time reading, or I'll never get through them!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Holly

    LMAO! Jeez, Dev. That list just kept going and going and going!

    You got some great books, though. I hope you find lots of time to read!

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Dev

    Holly ~ Yup. And I'm going out today to buy the Laurie Brown book. I'm taking the last two weeks of December off, then of course a 4-day weekend for Thanksgiving. Wonder how much of a dent I can make in the pile?

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Jodi_Lee

    Holy-freakin-crap!! I kept pushing the down arrow...and pushing the down arrow...geez! Great haul though!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Dev

    Jodi ~ I have no self control. I admit it. My name is Dev and I'm a book-aholic.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Travis Erwin

    Wow! What a haul.

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger sybil

    hee my last library sale was forever ago, at least two weeks...

    My first box was 4 dollars. They were 10 cents each. LOL yeah do the math, as I left she said oh come back we are about to do our dollar sale.

    A DOLLAR! And you get whatever you can put in the bag. I got two.

    See I don't think of it as book buying. Oh no, it is a selfless donation. No really.

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Dev

    Travis ~ It was a heavy box. That's for sure. And it's still in my living room, because I don't have anywhere to put them.

    Sybil ~ The dollar sale was today. I thought about going, but didn't. I figured I did enough damage on Friday.

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Lori

    Holy cow!! How freakin' fantastic is that?? You go!

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Dev

    Lori ~ I still don't know when I'm going to read these. And I'm out of drawers in my linen closet. :-)

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Rosie

    Amazing! You have some great books in there though. Can't wait to see what you read first.

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Dev

    Rosie ~ There's a few I'm eyeing. I need to finish some of the books on my TBR list first though :-)

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    People should read this.