Life is too short to read a bad book.
Sunday, October 14, 2007,1:19 PM
TV Meme
Jen tagged me on this one.

What are your top five favorite television shows when you were a kid?

1. Little House on the Prairie
2. Donny and Marie
3. The Brady Bunch
4. The Facts of Life
5. Hazel

Who didn't love Little House on the Prairie? I still watch it. My favorite episode ever, of course, was Sweet Sixteen when Manly finally looked at Laura as something other than his young friend. I may have the episode memorized, but it still makes me giddy :D

Donny and Marie were my ultimate favorite growing up. I could not miss an episode. My father only ever let me watch it at his house once and that was out of pity. My mom, sister, and I were riding our bikes from Mom's house to Chuck's (my father). About a block or so after leaving the house, I remember taking my hands off the handlebars.........and then I fell asleep. I kid you not. I did not wake up until I was around the corner from Chuck's house, and that was only because I'd ridden my bike into the back of a parked truck. Skinned up the whole side of my face. But, on the upside, I got to lay on the couch with an ice pack on my face and watch my favorite tv show of all time. The things we do in order to watch good tv, hm?

I was in love with Peter from The Brady Bunch. I loved the rest of the family too, but Peter was it for me. I was smitten. I don't really watch this anymore, but sometimes I'll catch a rerun now and then. But I loved it enough back in the day that I ran away from Chuck's house one night because he wouldn't let me watch it. Went to Mom's. She didn't let me watch it either.

Was there any teenage girl in the 80s who didn't watch The Facts of Life? Blair, Tootie, Natalie, and Jo. They were my girls, and Mrs. Garrett was an awesome caretaker for them. I wish they still showed reruns of this ~ I'd watch it everytime.

I always watched classic tv at night before I went to bed. That's how I met Hazel, the maid. I loved this show. Hazel was a spunky domestic goddess and I looked forward to seeing her everyday.

I tag Nath, Ames, and Jen.

Rules: List your favorite 5 television shows from your childhood, name three more bloggers to do this meme, copy/paste these very short and sweet rules, and then leave said bloggers a comment letting them know you have tagged them!

Labels:

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Rosie

    I loved HAZEL! I couldn't figure out why every 'regular' family didn't have a maid. Did the Baxters seem rich to you? They seemed like regular folks to me.

    Hey, aren't you too young to have seen HAZEL? I've never seen it in re-runs.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Rosie

    D'oh...after I pressed sent I saw that last bit...classic TV. Is that on Nickelodeon? Or is that a separate TV station?

    That's what I get for reading on Google reader. Sometimes I don't get the last bits.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Dev

    Rosie ~ I don't remember if it was Nick at Nite or something else. I just remember watching Wendy and Me, Burns and Allen, Alfred Hitchcock, Hazel, Mr. Ed, Dobie Gillis, Leave it to Beaver, Donna Reed, The Bob Cummings Show...and probably several others that don't come immediately to mind. I loved watching them and rarely missed a night.

     
  • At 4:41 AM, Blogger Stacy~

    You are bringing me back. I was a huge fan of "The Facts of Life", and wished I was Jo, but was probably more like Natalie LOL.

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Dev

    Stacy ~ You and me both. Jo was my favorite, but I had more of the quirks like Natalie had :D

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Dev

    Whoops ~ Rosie, I forgot to answer your question. The Baxters seemed just like regular folks to me too. And that was back in the day when it was common for the mother to stay home ~ I guess they wanted the show to appeal to us regular folk :D

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jodi_Lee

    Loved LHOP! Loved Donnie & Marie - I even had the Donnie & Marie dolls with their jazzy outfits! Loved The Brady Bunch! Loved The Facts of Life, especially the Joe years! Have no idea what Hazel is. :)

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Dev

    Hi Jodi! Sounds like we share some great old favorites :D

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger ~ames~

    I watched Little House and the Facts! Not the other ones. :P Loved LHotP. My fave episode is the one with the black horse and it's a sad one because they had to put the horse down. :( But still my fave. LOL

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger ~ames~

    Thanks for tagging me!

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Dev

    Ames ~ I don't think there's a bad episode of LHOTP out there :D Like I said, I still watch it. I always wished I'd been alive during that time ~ But at least for on hour on Monday nights from 7-8 I could at least pretend I was.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Holly

    Dev,
    I loved all those shows you listed (even the ones in your comment above). There wasn't anything greater to me than Donna Reed and Mr. Ed and all those other black and whites.

    I wasn't a huge Donnie and Marie fan, but I LOVED The Facts of Life and Brady Bunch. Good times!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Dev

    Holly ~ I sure wish they'd show some of these old episodes on tv now. I would watch Facts of Life everyday if I could :D

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jen

    I forgot about Hazel! I used to watch that show all the time along with Leave It To Beaver. LOL!!

    I loved Little House on the Prairie. We watched that every single week as well.

    Remember when George Clooney was on the Facts of Life? ::giggle::

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Dev

    Yup ~ I sure do. He and Blair had a bit of a flitation, if I remember correctly. That was after they opened their bakery.