Life is too short to read a bad book.
Sunday, October 21, 2007,9:17 PM
Eclipse
Just Finished:




Why I Read It: It’s the third book in the Twilight series.

From the Back Cover: As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

My Thoughts: Eclipse brought me back to what I loved so much about these characters in Twilight. Plus, well, I had my Edward back.

What I really enjoyed about this book was how the werewolves (Jacob’s family) and the vampires (Edward’s family) worked together for the common good, aka to destroy the newborn vampires that were terrorizing Seattle. I loved the uneasy alliance between them, the hesitant conversations, the fact that Edward had to translate for Jacob when he was in wolf form. I loved all of it. Then…….

What I didn’t like was how Bella had the sudden epiphany that she was in love with both Jacob and Edward. Where’d that come from? Jacob is a friend. I really, really like Bella and Jacob’s friendship. I want to see more of it. I want (in my rose-colored glasses kind of way) to see Jacob and Edward reluctantly become friends. How’s that going to happen now that she’s conveniently in love with the both. AAARGHHH.

I still love Alice. She makes me laugh.

This is a Very Good read, of course (any surprise). I wonder what the next book will bring? How is Ms. Meyer going to keep this storyline fresh? I guess I’ll find out when I read the next installment, whenever that comes out.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Isabel

    I didn't care for this at one. I loved seeing edward again but just too many things made me mad. Like Bella being in love with both guys. Jacob being a punk. Ugh.

    I'll probably still read the rest of the series though. lol

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Dev

    Izzy ~ Me too. The whole "in love with both guys" just seemed to come from left field for me. I didn't like it at all.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Rowena

    This book pissed me off and made me want to strangle Bella, Jacob and even Edward if you could believe it...I was not a fan of the whole Bella's in love with Edward AND Jacob...stupid.