Life is too short to read a bad book.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007,8:14 AM
Getting Back on the Horse
So, I decided to kick myself into gear and try to shake off this depressing pity party I've been having. So, I went back to the gym last night. First time in awhile ~ almost a month, I think. I've still been walking but that's not nearly what I usually do. I'm one of those marathon exercisers. At least an hour everyday ~~ plus 2+ hours at least twice a week. Yeah, I haven't been doing it. Which, in hindsight, is probably causing the pity party. Really. No endorphins make for a Downer Dev.

I hopped on that elliptical machine. Thought I'd do about 30 minutes. 30 minutes came and went, and I thought why not try for 45? So, 45 minutes came and went, and I thought why not got for an hour? So, that's what I did. An hour on the elliptical. I skipped the weights ~ Will do that tomorrow. But, I didn't think an hour was too bad considering I hadn't done it in so long ~ I really thought I'd have trouble even getting the 30 minutes in.

Go me.

Labels:

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Isabel

    good for you!

    I like the ellipitcal. My problem is I get bored. So I have to find a way to keep me on there. We don't have a tv in the room and reading while on it make me dizzy. lol.

    Keep up the good work.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Holly

    Wow! That's awesome, Dev.

    I don't exercise at all. Yes, I know I should, but seriously, I got tired just reading this post.

    Lazy, thy name is Holly. :P

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Dev

    Izzy ~ I can't watch tv while working out, I get sidetracked :-) Instead, I have an mp3 player just full of good anger music that's great to sweat too. I can't read while doing it either ~ I can't hold onto the book without losing my balance :-)

    Holly ~ When I'm motivated, I'll exercise everyday. But there are also the times when I could give a rip. I try to have as few of those as possible. I feel better when I exercise, it's just the whole doing it factor that gets to me. I have to be disciplined, or I wouldn't ever do it :-) Trust me, I'd much rather plop down on my couch and read ~ there's just few hours to do that during the week.

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Jenster

    Wow! I'm impressed.

    I haven't been doing a blasted thing. I need to start back on the treadmill and we're going to rejoin the YMCA so I can get back to swimming - now that my boobs will stay in one place. :o)

    You and me - we're gonna be hot next summer!

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Dev

    You and me - we're gonna be hot next summer!

    That's the plan, Jen :-)

     
  • At 11:44 PM, Blogger Rosie

    Yeah for Dev. You've done so well for yourself the past year. You've got so much to be proud of.

    I'm still swimming three times a week. Sometimes I want to just blow it off but then I go and am so glad I did. Feels good...

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Dev

    Rosie ~ That's the trick. I always feel better doing it. It's just the making myself go factor.