Life is too short to read a bad book.
Friday, October 26, 2007,10:39 AM
Freaky Friday
So, I had to fast last night, starting at 8pm. That didn't really bother me. I try not to eat after 8pm anyway. But, what got me was the no drinking. Nothing. Not a drop. That almost did me in. I'm a chronic drinker ~ I always have at least 2 liters of water of me at all times and I drink at least 5-6 liters a day. So no drinking and I don't go to bed until 10p-11p was a nightmare. And of course, the knowing I couldn't have any made it all the more tempting. I even wanted food, and I'm usually not hungry that late at night.

Let's see. How'd my morning start? Well, with no coffee, of course! (Anybody crying for me yet?). I still set the timer on my coffeepot so I could have it in my thermos waiting for me after the CT scan :-) Anyway, got ready for work and managed to get out the door with my concert bag (Since I'm not sure if I'll be making it home before the concert tonight), my lunch pail, my thermos, and my coffee mug (both the mug and thermos are filled to the brim). Anyway, I get halfway to my garage when I realize my coffee is spilling down my leg! So, I dump everything in the backyard and run into the house to spot clean my pants. I make it back outside just in time for the damn sprinklers to go off. So, I end up having to run through them as well. Did I mention I was having a moderately nice hair day today? Well, that went down the tubes really fast after my confrontation with the sprinkler system. I then checked my mug and thermos for leaks and found none ~ curious.

I get to the hospital and do all the normal check in things. I get taken back to where I need to be and am told I get to drink the tasty barium stuff and get the IV contrast. Oh joy. My last CT scan was non-contrast, so I was hoping it would be the same this time. Anyone drink barium before? I guess it's not as nasty as it used to be, but I'm still burping nasty banana burps and it's been almost 3 hours since I drank the stuff. Anybody have contrast done before? That was interesting too. As soon as you're injected, you immediately have a hot flash that starts in your throat and travels through your whole body ~ settling in your nether-regions where you have the warm, tingly feeling ~ almost like you're peeing your pants (too much information?). Tech took 4 sets of pictures, and I'll know something I think by mid-next week.

~~~~~~~

James Taylor is tonight! Rumor has it his concert lasts 2 1/2 - 3 hours. How psyched am I? Except of course, that ponders the question, when do I need to stop drinking my water so that I don't have to go to the bathroom during the concert? I don't want to miss a thing and I don't want to fight the lines if there's an intermission. I'm picky that way.

~~~~~

I'm almost done with Caine's Reckoning by Sarah McCarty ~ I should have it done early tomorrow. I'm also almost finished with A Lady of the West by Linda Howard. I'm so glad my mojo is back.

~~~~~

I bought the Prince series by Elizabeth Hoyt! I've heard so many things, I need to read those soon! My next hunt is for No Regrets by Michele Ann Young after reading what Zeek had to say about it yesterday.

~~~~

Anybody else listening to Christmas music yet? I'm such a sap.

~~~~
PS ~ I just found where the coffee leak came from. I attempted to pour coffee from my thermos to my mug and coffee shot all over my floor! Evidently, it's time for a new thermos. When it's turned on it's side, it leaks. Oh joy.

~~~~

Oh ~ and Mr. Crush is still an oblivious ass.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Isabel

    Sucks about your crappy morning. Hope your test come out ok. But no, not listening to christmas music yet. Too early for me.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Dev

    Izzy ~ I'm a sap. I've been shopping early this year and a few days ago I got bitten by the Christmas bug. I'm sure it'll disappear at some point.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger nath

    Have fun at the concert, I hope you'll enjoy it a lot :D I don't usually listen to Christmas music, so not yet LOL :) Hope you enjoy the Prince series :) happy reading :D

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ Thanks! Only 3 hours to go :-) It's going to be a good night. I hope I can take some pictures.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger sula

    I lurrrrve Xmas music! I'm a total sap for that stuff. Give me some Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Charlie Brown Christmas, etc. and I'm good to go.

    How is it that everyone in the blogiverse has Caine's Reckoning and I do not?!?!? *fumes*

    Hope that all the tests come out a-ok. Enjoy your concert!

    Random memory: I met a guy at my old workplace named James Taylor. He had THE lowest voice I think I have ever heard in a man, but he didn't have the face or body to match. lol.

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Dev

    Sula ~ Caine's Reckoning is really good! Hope you get a copy of it soon! And yes, I'm a total sap, but I usually wait until November before I start listening to my Christmas tunes. I started early this year. Bing Crosby and David Bowie's Little Drummer Boy is the best Christmas song ever :-)

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Jen

    Am thinking about you Dev! Hoping those scans come out okay!

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Dev

    Jen ~ Me too! I'll find out sometime this week.