Life is too short to read a bad book.
Saturday, December 09, 2006,7:53 AM
A Hard Day's Night-Searcher
Just Finished:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Why I Read It: Because of Sherrilyn Kenyon (I actually only read the short story “A Hard Day’s Night-Searcher”.).

From the Back Cover: Couldn’t find a description.

My Thoughts: Short stories are hit-or-miss with me. I like full-length stories better because the author has more time (and more pages) in order to be more descriptive and to tell a better story. Such is the case with the short story A Hard Day’s Night-Searcher. It just felt rushed (which, considering it was only about 90 pages roughly is understandable). I had a longer post about this that I’d done, but I felt like I’d basically summarized the whole story and don’t want to do that to those who haven’t read the story.

I did want to read the other stories in the anthology, but ended up taking the book back to the library because I just didn’t have the time to read it. I’ll be getting it again sometime so that I can read the others.

I’d say this is an Okay read. Let’s just say it was too short, too rushed and the “ILY” came too soon (but then again, it’s a short story).

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger ReneeW

    Short stories don't always work for me either because the romance or relationship feel rushed. I have been known to read a single story out of anthology only because its written by an author I like or it received a good review somewhere. Then I either trade it or take it back to the libray with no guilt. I don't have time to waste.

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Dev

    Renee ~ This is why I read the story I did ~ Because it was a dark-hunter story. It was just disappointing.

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger ~ames~

    I find that title very awkward. Say it out loud a couple of times. hehe

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Jen

    I tried to read one of SK's books and decided it was not for me. I have a couple more of her books on my TBR list that I plan to try out sometime.

    Not a big short story fan either. I like characters that are really developed and story lines that do not have a bunch of loose ties. Have been reading Glad Tidings by Debbie Macomber - and that is my major gripe with it. Not enough of the story!

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger mailyn

    I tend to stay away from shorties too since everything feels so rushed.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Rowena

    There have been only a handful of short stories that I absolutely loved, okay I'm lying there's only 4 and those are the stories in Simple Gifts, those are some great reads in there, short and sweet, love it!

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Dev

    Zeek ~ I think everyone loves Ash :-) Nope, I wasn't impressed with this story.

    Ames ~ I hadn't thought about that. Now, I can't stop thinking about it. Thanks. :-)

    Jen ~ A friend got me hooked on SK last year. I actually started with Val and Tabitha's story ~ then friend bought me Fantasy Lover and I had to glom onto the whole series. Had to reread Val & Tabby's story just because I read it out of order the first time.

    Mailyn ~ Exactly. There's really not enough time to develop a good story.

    Dylan ~ I can't really think of a short story that I really "liked". Some have been okay, but for my money I like the full-length ones.