Life is too short to read a bad book.
Friday, January 02, 2009,9:37 AM
Where Has the Time Gone???
Wow, it's been over a month since I posted. I can't believe it. If there's a bad blogger award out there, nominate me. I deserve it.

Christmas vacation was great. I spent about a week at Mom's house and read, read, read. I finished Lady Flees Her Lord by Michele Young, Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James, Wish You Were Here by Lani Diane Rich, The Borrowed Bride by Elizabeth Lane, Virgin River Christmas by Robyn Carr, and half of Simply the Best by Shirley Jump. I'll need to post my thoughts on those, not to mention the Janet Chapman I finished in October.

That being said, I also went on a bit of a book buying bender. Not bad, though, considering what I normally do :-) Kiddo and I went to B&N last night to browse. I hadn't intended on buying anything because I forgot my gift card (yay!!!) at home, but I ended buying two: Smart Girls Think Twice by Cathie Linz and Simple Wishes by Lisa Dale. We then went to Wal-Mart where I bought For the Love of Pete by Julia Harper. When we got home, I went to amazon.com and pre-ordered the next 3 Virgin River books for me and a few Jodi Picoult books for Kiddo.

Can I just interject here how happy I am that my girls are readers like I am??? Kiddo loves books and now Baby-J does too. She loves to read. Makes me gush, really, because no one else in the family are readers.

So, anyway that's just a quick catch up. I hope to post on the books over the weekend - I have one more week before school starts so I hope to read as much as I possibly can until then. But you never know ~ I get so sidetracked sometimes!

Labels:

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger KT Grant

    For the Love of Pete is a cute book. I think you will really enjoy it.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Isabel

    Happy New Year and glad to hear from you.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger ~ames~

    Glad you had a good time. Happy New Year!

    Now, I can relate on the book buying bender. I went crazy earlier this week and went to two different bookstores and spent way too much money. LOL And yeah, I just put in an online order. I'll be good now...haha

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Carolyn Crane

    I'll be interested to hear what you think of smart girls!!!

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Stacy~

    Missed you Dev. Glad to have you back. Happy New Year!

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Lori

    Welcome back! I missed you! Can't wait to hear what you thought of all those books :) (And haven't we all gone on a book-buying bender? I know I have these last couple weeks!)

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger nath

    Dev!!! Where have you been? We missed you!!!

    Happy New Year by the way!

    What did you think of the Shirley Jump? Why did you only half read it?

    LOL :D not a huge book binging :D You're okay :D

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Kristie (J)

    Welcome back!! You were missed. I'm glad you had a nice break but I'm even gladder we have you back with us again :)

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Rosie

    Sorry, but I get the bad blogger award. I posted. Some. But when I did I was a big fat whiner. Hopefully that's over and behind me. It's a new year and we get to start all over.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Holly

    Happy New Year, babe! I've missed you.

    You picked up some really great books. I think I have all of them TBR. Can't wait to hear what you think of them.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Rowena

    I agree with everyone, you picked up a bunch of books that I'm looking forward to reading too. Happy reading sweets and HAPPY NEW YEAR, sure have missed you around these parts! Glad to see that you're alright!

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Keta Diablo

    Why can't I ever get those darned e-mail clicks to work???

    Anyway, I loved reading through your blog. Thank you for keeping readers interested in our writing.

    I write for Phaze, Siren, Ravenous Romance and Noble Publishing.

    Stop by my web site if you get a moment and enter my book give-away contest.

    And, thanks again,
    Best, Keta Diablo
    www.ketadiablo.com
    http://ketaskeep.blogspot.com/