Life is too short to read a bad book.
Monday, October 20, 2008,9:45 PM
A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas
Just Finished:

Synopsis: The Wallflowers are four young ladies in London who banded together in their wild and wickedly wonderful searches for true love. Now happily married, they join together once again to help one of the world’s most notorious rogues realize that happiness might be right under the mistletoe.…

It’s Christmastime in London and Rafe Bowman has arrived from America for his arranged meeting with Natalie Blandford, the very proper and beautiful daughter of Lady and Lord Blandford. His chiseled good looks and imposing physique are sure to impress the lady in waiting and, if it weren’t for his shocking American ways and wild reputation, her hand would already be guaranteed. Before the courtship can begin, Rafe realizes he must learn the rules of London society. But when four former Wallflowers try their hand at matchmaking, no one knows what will happen. And winning a bride turns out to be more complicated than Rafe Bowman anticipated, especially for a man accustomed to getting anything he wants. However, Christmas works in the most unexpected ways, changing a cynic to a romantic and inspiring passion in the most timid of hearts.

A Wallflower Christmas takes a trip to Victorian London, under the mistletoe, and on a journey of the heart. With her trademark charm, sensuality, and unforgettable characters, there’s no one like Lisa Kleypas to make you believe in the magic of Christmas.


My Thoughts: I really enjoyed spending some time with the Wallflowers again. It was great to catch up on their lives and what they’ve been up to since Daisy’s story concluded the series.

Rafe and Hannah. Loved them! I really enjoyed their chemistry, from their first meeting until the end of the story. I thought it was really well done and I was rooting for them the whole time. Lots of awww moments between the two of them which made this book one I could not put down.

Hannah’s cousin Natalie? Didn’t care for her so much. She came off as a spoiled pampered princess and I didn’t find anything likeable about her whatsoever. Maybe this wasn’t intention, but she was condescending and mean to Hannah, which made me seriously dislike her character. Thankfully, her story is summed up by the end of this book also, so I don’t need to worry about a follow-up book about her.

Verdict: This was Very Good. I highly recommend it!

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At 5:29 AM, Blogger Jenster

    AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

    Katie and I went into a Borders while in NYC this weekend and I knew there was a book I wanted, but I couldn't think of it. THIS WAS IT!!!

    So glad you liked it and I'm looking forward to it as well! Love the Wallflowers. :o)

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger Rosie

    I just finished this one too. Enjoyed it very much, but it just went too fast.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Dev

    Jen ~ You'll have to pick it up. The story was too short, like Rosie said, but other than that I really liked it.

    Rosie ~ Completely agree! It could have been longer :-)

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger nath

    I start reading this at the bookstore and I don't know... Yes, it was fun to catch up on the Wallflowers... but the story is not very long :( and I guess I don't like the Bowan women enough LOL.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ Lillian is predominate in this, true. Hannah and Rafe's story is very good, though not very long. There are just a lot of laugh-out-loud and "awwww" moments that make it well worth the time to read.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Rowena

    Ooh I really enjoyed this book, so glad that I read it. Didn't you just love all of the Hannah and Rafe scenes? And then seeing the Wallflowers take Hannah under their wing was just too cute!

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Dev

    Wena ~ The Rafe and Hannah scenes were awesome! My favorite was probably the forfeit. That was just so sweet.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Carolyn Crane

    Ooooh, I so want this one. I just decided maybe I will read it around Christmas. I love AWWWWW moments.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Dev

    Carolyn ~ Lots of them in this book. For a short book, it really was well done.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Isabel

    Someday I'll get around to reading this. :)

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Dev

    Izzy ~ Trust me, I know how someday feels :-) Hope you'll be able to get to it soon!

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Lori

    It's a Kleypas. Must read.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Dev

    Lori ~ Exactly! She is an auto-buy, definitely.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Nikki

    Loved it!!!! Too short though.

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Dev

    Nikki ~ It could have easily been another 100 pages and I would have devoured it. I agree. It was way too short.