Life is too short to read a bad book.
Thursday, October 23, 2008,10:01 PM
Out of the Blue by Jill Shalvis
Just Finished:

Synopsis: For Hannah Novak, running a bed-and-breakfast with her two best friends was adventure enough. But they didn’t feel that way. They wanted to devote the summer to serious manhunting — loser cleans toilets! Fine for them, but Hannah was, uh...inexperienced. How could she seduce anyone?

Then out of the blue came Zach Thomas, looking for a bed...and breakfast. Hannah had always thought the rugged cop was the sexiest man alive, and, bet or no bet, she wanted him. So she checked him in — to her own room — with every intention of checking him out!


My Thoughts: Anyone who reads my blog regularly knows that I’m a new fan of Jill Shalvis and am now trying to get my hands on her entire backlist. Out of the Blue is a Harlequin Temptation from 2000 that I’m glad to have discovered.

I enjoyed Zach and Hannah right from the beginning of this story. Even better, for me at least, is that Zach is the older brother of Hannah’s best friend so it had the element of childhood crush in it as well. If you know me at all, you know that unrequited/lost love stories are my favorite things to read. I think the couple had great chemistry from their first meeting in the kitchen of Hannah’s B&B to the very last page.

Verdict: This was Good. This was a quick, enjoyable read and I’d recommend it to anyone that wanted something light to read.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Rowena

    Ooh this one sounds really cute, I want, I want, I want! Thanks for the review, I'm looking forward to it.

    I'm really pissed because I bought all of the books for the Sky High books by Jill Shalvis and I've gotten the last two books (and Get a Clue) but not the first. It frickin' sucks!

    But I do understand your love of Jill Shalvis.

    LOVE HER!

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Dev

    Wena ~ That stinks! The Sky High books are definitely on my "I want them now" list, but I'm not buying any more books until after I move. At least, that's the plan.

    This one is cute, definitely. I haven't read a HT in a long time so it was great to get reacquainted with the line.

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger nath

    Oh man, this one sounds really good :) Wonder if I can get my hand on it... sigh.

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ I was able to find this one on paperbackswap. I'm not sure if they ship to Canada, but if they do that may be an option :-)

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger Isabel

    Ok, both you and Rowena have said good things so she's next on to buy list.

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Dev

    Izzy ~ You won't be sorry. Start with The Trouble with Paradise. Honestly. It's excellent.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Lori

    I really like her old Temptations and Blazes. Good stuff.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Dev

    Lori ~ I really enjoyed it. I've got quite a few of her HT stacked up in my TBR pile and cannot wait to read them.

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger nath

    hey Dev :)

    They don,t ship to Canada, unfortunately :( Sigh. I'll try to hit some of the UBS I guess...

    So did you move yet?

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ Nope. Next weekend. I cannot wait. I am tripping over boxes everywhere I turn in my current place.