Life is too short to read a bad book.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008,9:18 PM
Ugh
Ugh. Went out for dinner for sister's birthday. I was bad. Not horrible, but bad. Had jumbo prawns with Isralean couscous, which wasn't bad at all. But then I had dessert. Chocolate Bundt Cake soaked with Kahlua and topped with a small scoop of coffee ice cream. Then I had coffee with Turbinado sugar and a splash of cream.

Now, I'm drinking water like a fool in the hopes of flushing some of my sinful dinner away. I should exercise, but it's already 8:30 and I need to get my food prepped for tomorrow.

Thank God birthdays are only once a year. Except in my family. My sister, my niece, and I all have birthdays within 4 weeks of each other. So there's 3 sinful dinners out. Then Mom and her boyfriend always take us out for a full-family birthday dinner. Once down, 3 to go. Oh, and then there's vacation too. Ugh.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Lori

    It's not too bad if you only do it once in a while. And man oh man, does that dessert sound worth it!

    When we go out for those huge dinners, I always try to order fish, then just have a bite of the filet mignon I know that Bob is going to order. We've learned to split a dessert, so I'm nowhere near as bad as I used to be.

    It sounds like you are still doing fantastic, though! Good for you!

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Isabel

    Ooooo the bundt cake sounds good.

    You're still doing really good though.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger nath

    Just enjoy it Dev :D As long as you keep a good diet on the other meals, then eating for the b-days won't be too bad right?

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger david santos

    Thanks for your posting and have a Happy Easter!

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Stacy~

    I agree with Nath. You're so disciplined the rest of the time, that a few times a year aren't horrible. Plus all the exercising you're doing too. Reward yourself a little - you deserve it.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Rosie

    Dev, I'm reading this as I'm counting my points from Easter brunch. I didn't do too with the real food, but I'm dying for a piece of chocolate. I'm opting for one dark chocolate lemon truffle from Sees Candies.

    The food you ate sounds fantastic. I think if we don't do that once in a while we'd go mad from the deprivation. Hope you did okay today too.

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Dev

    Lori ~ Yes, only once in awhile. Which isn't but, but I sure don't try to be an angel :-)

    Izzy ~ It was :-)

    Nath ~ True. I'm usually pretty good. I try not to go off-track very often. And birthdays are birthdays, so they should be the exception, right?

    David ~ Thanks.

    Stacy ~ Thanks so much! I rarely make exceptions ~ birthdays, the occasional holiday, and vacation is about it.

    Rosie ~ I had a slug day today, so Easter wasn't a problem. It's pretty easy to stay on task when there are no kids around to buy candy for. I do keep a bar of dark chocolate in the freezer and allow myself a piece every now and then. I had a piece today. It was heaven.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Rowena

    Awww, it's okay sweetie, you're still doing really good so don't worry about it!

    HUGS!