Life is too short to read a bad book.
Monday, March 10, 2008,9:47 PM
Driving By
This is going to be the fastest long week of my life. I have to meet with about 300+ employees to let them know we're looking at a substantial increase in our health insurance premiums this year. And that's the best option because it keeps our deductible as low as it is ($600.00) ~ the other options are going to a $750 deductible, $1000 deductible, or a high deductible plan with a health savings account. It just sucks all the way around. And did I mention I work in the health services field? Yeah, not a lot of money there to begin with. It's going to be a bad week.

~~~~~~

I started reading Earthly Pleasures by Karen Neches ~ I think I heard about it from Nath's. I'm only 50 pages into it so far, but it's cute. I'm also reading Family Blessings by Fern Michaels ~ it's also good. I'm just kind of reading what floats my boat at the moment.

~~~~~~

Exercising and eating are going great. I'm now down to size 10/12 which is a real milestone. I haven't been that size in about 10 years. That being said, my butt and thighs really hurt today :-)

~~~~~~

The countdowns have officially begun. Next Friday is Good Friday, meaning I get a 3 day weekend; 6 weeks and 2 days (and counting!!) from today I'm going to be vacation bound.

Labels:

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Rosie

    I'm so impressed with you that even though been doing my part to exercise by swimming 2-3 times a week I joined the weight loss challenge at work. See? You were an inspiration, Cindy too.

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Dev

    Rosie ~ Thanks so much! I think my stubborn nature is finally paying off.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Isabel

    that is great with your exercising. keep it up!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger nath

    Yay Dev!! You are an inspiration! i'm going to start and exercise :)

    and I hope you enjoy Earthly Pleasures as much as I did :D

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger Stacy~

    You are so good at keeping up with this. I can't even consider to a healthy style of living much less live it. Keep it up girl.

    Miss seeing you around. In case I don't see ya online, I hope you have a fab vay-cay.

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger Jenster

    Insurance companies gig us because they can. :o(

    A 10/12!? That's great!! I'm very proud of you!!

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Jen

    Congratulations Dev! A 10/12 is wonderful and you deserve thunderous applause!

    Health Insurance premiums are outrageous! I don't pity you having to tell everyone that their rates are going to have to increase. Insurance is a scam I wish I had thought of first ;)

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Dev

    Izzy ~ Thanks!

    Nath ~ I'm enjoying it a lot! And, I've been good and haven't read the ending yet. I almost always start a book by reading the ending first.

    Stacy ~ I'm trying to be better about visiting my friend's blogs. Hopefully you'll see me around plenty before I go on vacation.

    Jen ~ Thanks!

    Jen ~ It's outrageous! And then, add on that it's Montana where the wages are low anyway and the cost of living is getting higher and higher. Although, the week wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, thankfully.

     
  • At 2:47 AM, Blogger CindyS

    Congratulations on making it to 10/12! And I know somewhere there is someone saying 'no pain, no gain!'.

    And yeah you inspired me - the treadmill is finally in a prominent place. I just need to get on it already. Apparently I'm just enjoying the view of it ;)

    And woohoo for holidays!

    CindyS

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Dev

    Cindy ~ There is definitely a saying like that :-) Glad to hear the treadmill has found it's place in your home.

    Only 3 more days and I'll have 3 day weekend. It couldn't have happened at a better time, as far as I'm concerned.

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger nath

    LOL, I do the same. I usually peek at the ending at some point :) anyway, glad that you're enjoying it.