Life is too short to read a bad book.
Saturday, October 14, 2006,10:54 PM
I'm In No Mood For Love
Just Finished:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


Recommended by: Sequel to Sex Lies and Online Dating

From the Back Cover: What is Clare Wingate doing? One minute she's suffering in a pretty-in-pink gown she'll never wear again, and the next thing she knows it's morning . . . and she has the nastiest hangover of her life.

To make matters worse, she's wearing nothing but a spritz of Escada and lying next to Sebastian Vaughan . . . her girlhood crush turned sexy, globe-hopping journalist. Somewhere between the toast and the toss of the bouquet she'd gotten herself into a whole lot of trouble.

Clare had the right to go wild-after all, she'd been knocked off her dyed-to-match shoes after finding her own fiancé in a compromising position with the washing machine repairman. Clearly her society wedding is off.

But Sebastian pushed all the wrong buttons-and some of the right ones, too. Clare is in no mood for love-not even for lust-and wants to forget about Sebastian and his six-pack abs ASAP. But he isn't in the mood to go away, and his kiss is impossible to forget.


My Thoughts: I wanted to like this story more. I loved the chemistry between Sebastian and Clare. When they got to interact, I loved the story. Unfortunately, by the time I’d gotten halfway through the story I’d learned more about Sebastian’s career than I did about his feelings for Clare. They hardly ever got to be around each other. The only thing that stopped me from not finishing the book was that I knew some people who’d read it that loved it. Or I’d read reviews where people hated the first half of the book, but loved the second. So I kept plugging away.

I’m glad I did. Around page 199, the story got better. And finally, I got the story I wanted. I got Clare and Sebastian. I got to see them interact. I got to see them become friends. I got to see them both try to stick to the “friends with benefits” agreement. The second half over the book was very good.

I’d say this was Okay. If I hadn’t had to skim a lot of the first half of the book, I’d rate it better ~ but it took almost 200 pages for the story to get good. Normally, I wouldn’t have finished it. I’m glad I finished it ~ but it could have been a lot better.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger nath

    Hey Devonna :D

    Glad you did like it on some level... but you know what, I don't think I'll get the third or fourth book of the series... what do you think?

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Anne Rainey

    I get annoyed whent they h/h don't come together til half way through. I like the main focus to be ON THEM...! So, I know what you're saying here. Glad it turned out good for you!

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Stacy~

    Oh I'm a little disappointed. I have both books in my tbr pile, and I usually enjoy RG's books. Oh well, I'll still read 'em.

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ I've been getting these at the library. I'm lucky enough to have an awesome library and I'll usually get books there first ~ then if I really like them, I will go buy them. I haven't bought any of these yet.

    Tami ~ I'm usually one who stops reading a book if I can't get into it or if it drags on too long. Luckily, I'd read some reviews on this first so I halfway knew what to expect ~ I just wish the whole book was as good as the 2nd half.

    Stacy ~ You might still like these. I know sometimes I read negative things about books I have in my TBR, but I still end up liking and maybe even loving the story.

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger nath

    Lucky you Devonna... My library sucks big time T_T

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ Trust me. I know how lucky I am. Our library is pretty good about getting new releases in and they take requests also.