Life is too short to read a bad book.
Thursday, January 22, 2009,6:25 PM
The Borrowed Bride by Elizabeth Lane
Just Finished:

Synopsis: "We're going to have a child. You need to come home so we can get married."

So wrote Hannah Gustavson to her childhood sweetheart, the father of her baby. But with no response, she was forced to marry another man…her lover's brother.

Tall, handsome and honorable, Judd Seavers could make any woman's heart race. Hannah was no exception, and she was awed by the ex-soldier who gave her his name.

A forbidden love as grand as the Rockies crested between them. But a shadow loomed. Would the baby's father come home? And if he did, would Judd return his borrowed bride?


My Thoughts: I had high hopes for this one when I started it, because I’d been looking forward to reading it months before I actually got around to it. Ms. Lane is a wonderful storyteller and I enjoyed her writing immensely.

However, The Borrowed Bride just didn’t do it for me. I thought that Judd and Hannah fell in love too soon, almost too easy ~ which seemed to detract from any chemistry they might have built. The challenges seemed to be overcome effortlessly, which made the story somewhat hard for me to swallow.

Verdict: This was somewhere between Good and Okay. I had better hopes for this one, but that won’t stop me from buying the sequel, His Substitute Bride, in April. Despite being disappointed with this one, I really am looking forward to Quint’s story.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Rowena

    I haven't read a good Western in quite a long time and I'm a fan of Westerns...I just wanna know, where did all the good westerns go? This doesn't sound like something I'd want to read right now anyway.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Dev

    Wena ~ Jodi Thomas and Cheryl St. John are still around. I enjoy them a lot!!