Life is too short to read a bad book.
Thursday, February 05, 2009,9:31 PM
Crap (aka Misadventures with Costco Chicken Stalker Man Part Deux)
So I venture into town today to pick up some gift certificates for work. My second stop was Red Lobster, which was gravy because they share a parking lot with Costco. I figured I could just get the gift certificate, buzz by Costco and then go home. You know what they say about best laid plans......

I go into the bar to get the gift certificate. I notice a man is sitting there, but I don't really "see" him because he's on my right side, and that's the eye that I can't see out of. So I'm chatting it up with the manager, tell her my name and where I work. She pretty much already knew that information because I had called in before I went to town.

Anyhoo...I get the gift certificate and turn to leave. Being the friendly person I am, I smile at the man sitting at the bar......until I notice who it is.

Remember that guy?

Damn.

I said my name. I said where I worked. I just hope I didn't say it as loud as I think I did. Or I hope that he wasn't listening. Or both.

Now I'm just paranoid.

Crap.

Me and my dumb luck.

Needless to say, I didn't go straight to Costco. I saved that for last. Luckily, Stalker Man must have gone there earlier to buy his chicken.

What are the odds?

Labels:

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Lori

    Sorry. Just have to laugh. And tell you to be careful.

     
  • At 4:58 AM, Blogger Julie at Outlandish Dreaming

    Oh noes! *shaking head* what are the odds, do you think he recognized you?

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger KT Grant

    What are the odds?
    3 times a charm?

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Dev

    Lori ~ Unbelievable, right?

    Julie ~ I hope not. I somehow don't think so, but who knows?

    Kate ~ Twice was enough. I hope the "all things happen in threes" rule doesn't apply here.

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger JenB

    Buy some pepper spray. O_O

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Stacy~

    Oy, I laughed too, and I truly feel bad about that. I srsly hope he didn't hear your info, but just in case, follow JenB's advice and get that pepper spray.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger CindyS

    You already know my first thought was tazer.

    I do have to feel sad for the people are the restaurant. What if he's around those parts everyday? Trust me, there is a waitress somewhere who burst into tears every time the guy walks in the door and asks for her by name.

    Cindys

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger ~ames~

    That is crazy and creepy. Hopefully he didn't hear you.

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger nath

    Talk about being unlucky Dev!! I hope he didn't hear! If you see sign of him around your house, call the cops.