Life is too short to read a bad book.
Thursday, January 22, 2009,7:00 PM
Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James
Just Finished:

Synopsis: COOL. CALM. COLLECTED...
Nothing fazes Taylor Donovan. In the courtroom she never lets the opposition see her sweat. In her personal life, she never lets any man rattle her—not even her cheating ex-fiancé. So when she's assigned to coach People's "Sexiest Man Alive" for his role in his next big legal thriller, she refuses to fall for the Hollywood heartthrob's charms. Even if he is the Jason Andrews.

CONFIDENT. FAMOUS. IRRESISTIBLE…
Jason Andrews is used to having women fall at his feet. When Taylor Donovan gives him the cold shoulder, he's thrown for a loop. She's unlike any other woman he's ever met: uninterested in the limelight, seemingly immune to his advances, and shockingly capable of saying no to him. She's the perfect challenge. And the more she rejects him, the more he begins to realize she may just be his perfect match...

My Thoughts: The banter got me first. I’m a fan of quick wit, so I really enjoyed how the two leads continuously tried to one-up each other. This book was fun from beginning to end ~ so much so, I could not put it down once I started reading it. Taylor and Jason were strong, independent, and successful characters so it was a delight watching them both change as the story progressed. And as far as chemistry?? These characters had it virtually leaping off the pages.

Verdict: This was Very Good. I enjoyed the banter between the two characters and was thoroughly entertained throughout the whole book. I cannot wait to read more from Ms. James in the future.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Rosie

    I've seen a few good reviews on this James book. I've tried Lane before and love her plot ideas but the stories aren't layered and were too simplistic for my tastes. Even so I've picked up the Lane book a couple of times because I'm drawn to the premise. I hate when that happens. Thanks for the heads up...temptation looms.

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Isabel

    I really enjoyed this book. For all the reasons you mentioned.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger CindyS

    Help me out - is Julie James a new pen name? I'm asking because I'm helping with the AAR poll and we've seen Julie James under best new author but if they have published before then they don't qualify.

    Unless Rosie is continuing another conversation! ;)

    CindyS

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Jill D.

    I have been hearing a lot of good things about this book. I have it on my list. Thanks for the review!

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Stacy~

    So glad you liked this one. I did too. A lot. Just a fun read.

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I really loved this book as well.

    CindyS - I think this is her first book. Check out her website www.juliejamesbooks.com

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Kristie (J)

    I really enjoyed this one too - which surprised me in a way as there were no sex scenes. I haven't read a book without any for a looooonnnggg time. But this one just worked without them :)

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger nath

    Glad you enjoyed this book :D I can't wait for Ms James next book... she has a lot of potential! :)

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Rowena

    Oh yay, I'm so glad you enjoyed this book! It was seriously a fun book and way easy to fall into. Julie James did a fantastic job of writing Taylor and Jason's characters are you're exactly right...their chemistry was out of this world! =)

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Lana

    I had a really great time with this book, too. I love romances that rely on wit and banter - nothing hotter than two protagonists who are really smart and love that about each other!

    I also enjoyed your review, so I've linked to you here.