Life is too short to read a bad book.
Saturday, January 31, 2009,7:50 AM
Instant Attraction by Jill Shalvis
Just Finished:

Synopsis: The first in a sensational new series, Jill Shalvis introduces Cameron, Stone, and T.J. Wilder – three bad-boy heroes who effortlessly mix breathtaking adventure and scorching sex appeal . . .

GET WILD . .. AND THEN GET WILDER . . .

Accountant Katie Kramer is a quintessential good girl – working hard, recycling diligently, all the while trying to ignore the feeling that she doesn’t fit in anywhere. That’s all she wants. Well, that – and amazing sex, and the kind of daredevil escapade she can look back on when she’s crunching numbers in a dusty cubicle. Which explains why she just took a job in Wishful, California, working for Wilder Adventures and Expeditions. Waking up to find a magnificently built stranger towering over her bed – that part defies explanation . . .

After wandering the planet for months following a life-changing accident, Cameron Wilder has come back to the only home he knows. Under other circumstances, he might be thrilled to find a gorgeous woman sleeping in his cabin, but now, while he’ll risk his body taking clients on adrenaline-drenched excursions, his heart is off limits. Still, Katie’s killer smile triggers something deep in his gut . . . among other places. Showing her how exhilarating it can be to stop balancing her life as if it was a checkbook is the biggest rush he’s ever felt – and an adventure Katie’s wishing would never end.


My Thoughts: Once in a great while, a book comes along that is so perfect, it touches the core of who you are as a person. This book is that for me. I enjoyed it thoroughly from beginning to end.

Katie and Cam had a rather unique way of meeting. From that first meeting, I was hooked. Cam had just returned home after a year of wandering, and Katie was trying to mentally recover from a horrifying accident. There were fireworks from the beginning of this book that continued to the very end.

I laughed a lot. Katie has spunk, that’s for sure. And sometimes, I think Cam was completely dumbfounded by her. Their story held everything that I the reader look for in a good book. I cared about the characters and actually felt like I was there the whole time. I knew Katie. I knew Cam. There was a lot of heart in this story, amazing chemistry, and it was hot. Really hot.

Then there’s Annie, the aunt that raised Cam who is trying to fight for her marriage to Nick. Loved her. And every apron she wore had some kind of zinger on them. Loved that too. Poor Annie. She went through a lot of embarrassment to try and get her man. But, when he finally got it, he got it and it was completely rewarding for me as the reader.

No to mention, Jill has laid a beautiful groundwork for more stories. Stone, the middle Wilder, and Emma Sinclair, the new town doctor; Harley, the mechanic, and TJ, the eldest Wilder brother. Then there’s Serena, Cam’s ex. I like her. I’m hoping for more of her in the next Wilder book.

Take my word for it. Get this. You will not be sorry.

Verdict: The story was Excellent. I loved it from the very beginning and was sorry to see it end. I became submerged in this story and fell in love with the town of Wishful and everyone in it. I am now impatiently waiting for July when Stone's story is published. I cannot wait.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger nath

    Gosh, you and Seneca are making me want to go out and buy the book!! Sounds great... can I read this one without reading the others in the series though?

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow, thanks for a great review!

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ It's the first in the series, so you'll have no problems. Please read it. You'll love it!

    Jill ~ Absolutely!

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Carolyn Crane

    Wow! What a recommendation! This sounds great.

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Lori

    I just love Jill Shalvis. I must get this book.

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Kati

    I just reviewed this one too, Dev. For all of the same reasons. First Shalvis I read, but I can promise, it won't be the last!

    Great review!

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Rosie

    After TWISTED CREEK I'm never doubting your word. I'll go get it.

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Rowena

    I'm so glad you liked the book. Woot! Great review sweetie.