Life is too short to read a bad book.
Monday, September 08, 2008,12:50 PM
Over Hexed by Vicki Lewis Thompson
Just Finished:
Synopsis: Banished. Until their unconventional techniques landed them in hot water, Dorcas and Ambrose were the matchmaking sex therapists for lovelorn witches and wizards. The Grand High Wizard has exiled them to the very conventional and unmagical town of Big Knob, Indiana, Pop. 947. But that doesn't mean they've given up matchmaking . . .

Now they're doing it for mere mortals-although all agree: Sean Madigan is something of a god. Because he's tired of being the town sex object, Dorcas and Ambrose strip him of his appeal and then introduce him to his destiny, Maggie Grady. This time winning a girl's heart won't be so easy for Sean. It means rediscovering the charms buried beneath a gorgeous surface.


My Thoughts: Believe it or not, this was my first Vicki Lewis Thompson book. I’ve been meaning to read the Nerd series for a long time now, but so far I just haven’t gotten around to it.

Anyway, back to my thoughts. I really enjoyed this story. I think VLT is a wonderful story teller. I was drawn right in and enjoyed every moment of it. She’s great at humor and definitely writes some hot love scenes also. Honestly. Shower sex. Tree sex. Car sex. It was all in there.

I really enjoyed Sean and Maggie. They were definitely likable characters and I found myself rooting for them, both separately and together.

The only part of the story I’m undecided about? George, an I-Pod listening dragon that claims to have ADD. That part of the story just seemed to take away from the book for me. I’m sure I’m in the minority, but it just added an element of the ridiculous that I just couldn’t get past.

Verdict: This was Good. I look forward to reading the follow-up Wild & Hexy. I’m such a sucker for unrequited love stories.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger nath

    Hmmm, I read one or two of the nerd books, but didn't get into the series... this one sounds cute though. Thanks for the review!! (LOL, since you loved it, I'll probably get it :P)

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ I hope you like it. Seriously, I would have rated it higher without the whole George factor.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Kristie (J)

    I read one of her Nerd books and really disliked it. But this series intrigued me and I picked up the second one. Plus I seem to be getting a lot of books by the authors that appear on Author Talk *g*

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Dev

    Kristie ~ Ha ha. I love author talk. I really need to read a Jill Monroe book one of these days.