Life is too short to read a bad book.
Saturday, August 19, 2006,7:48 PM
The Rake
Just Finished:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


The Rake by Suzanne Enoch. I read this book because Daniella recommended the Lessons in Love series to me.

Where to start? I absolutely love this book! I enjoyed all of the bickering between Georgie and Tristan. I really enjoyed the fact that they have some sort of “history” that they need to get past in order to be together.

Georgie’s original plan was to teach Tristan a lesson. He’d hurt her badly in the past and it was time for her revenge. Along the way, something happened and what was supposed to be revenge turned into something more.

I enjoyed Georgie’s spirit. I enjoyed the way Tristan was with his brothers and how he doted on his spinster aunts who lived with him. I enjoyed the attempted matchmaking by said aunts. And I enjoyed Bit (Tristan’s younger brother) with secrets of his own. I cannot tell you how happy I was to discover that he is the hero in the third book of this trilogy.

What I didn’t like ~ I felt like I’d missed something. All of the references to the “incident” made me feel like maybe the “incident” happened in an earlier book ~ Maybe in one of the “With This Ring” series. Georgie’s cousin’s book is part of that series and I’m wondering if we’re first introduced to Georgie and Tristan there?

This book is definitely a keeper. Thanks, Daniella, for the suggestion!

Next Up:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Holly

    Good series! England's Perfect Hero is my favorite. I can't wait to hear (er..read) your thoughts on it.