Life is too short to read a bad book.
Thursday, August 03, 2006,7:21 PM
Got Sidetracked

I had every intention of reading last night, but I got sidetracked and watched "For Love of the Game" instead. This is one of those movies I always "just have" to watch....even though I own the DVD, I watch it everytime it's on TV. Yes, movies are another addiction of mine......as is music, and cooking. And I guess since I'm confessing here, I'm also addicted to The Food Network.

I went to my formerly 2nd choice UBS (now officially my 1st choice ~ they always have what I'm looking for) and got all 3 of the Suzanne Enoch books on my TBR list. Tonight, I have not plans, the TV is staying off, and I plan to nestle in and get working on "A Wild Pursuit" tonight.

Happy reading!

Labels:

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Shelly

    I've never seen this movie. Is it good? I see it has KC in it and I think his movies generally fall into two categories: 1) Nice and touching and 2) very, very, bad. I love sports themed movies so if you say it's good, I'll give her a whirl!

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Shelly

    PS ~ I love that someone else reads! Yay! I have a blog coming soon that's nothing but book talk. I'll drop in and leave the link when it's up and running. Thanks for commenting on my blog today!

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Dev

    This one falls under the nice and touching category. He's a baseball player, and after 19 years of playing pro ball, he needs to decide whether to retire or to keep playing, even though he'll be traded to a new team and won't be the starting pitcher anymore. That's the first love story ~ this man's love for baseball, for his career.

    Then there's Jane, the woman he meets by accident one day. She's independent and fiery ~ they start a relationship that goes on for years..but he'll never make a committment, and she decides that's what she wants. A committment, from somebody. So she lets him go.

    The movie spans the course of one baseball game, 9 innings where Billy reminisces about his career, friends he's made, and he also thinks about him time with Jane.

    Quite frankly, I bawl every time I see it. The last 5 minutes chokes me up every time.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Dev

    ...please excuse the typos...I must be tired. Sure wish there was a way to edit them out so I didn't appear so ignorant. Ah well.

     
  • At 4:50 AM, Blogger Kristie (J)

    Quite frankly, I bawl every time I see it. The last 5 minutes chokes me up every time.

    Me too - I love this movie. This one and Field of Dreams.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Dev

    Kristie ~ it's so good to see you. I've missed your posts. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Mailyn

    I've never liked baseball. my best friend and her mom are uber crazy about it. lol. I even slept through the last time we won the world series with a room full of people screaming lol.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Dev

    I'm not a big sports fan either ~ but I like sports movies. Go figure.