Life is too short to read a bad book.
Friday, July 28, 2006,9:44 AM
Tagged by Kristie:
Ok, I know I'm late with this but I just got back from vacation. Here goes:

1) When did you first start blogging and why? I started in February of 2006. I posted a couple of things, and then I stopped until July. I was looking at different blogs and it looked fun ~ not to mention that there were a lot of folks out there that read the same sort of things that I did. I used their blogs as ideas of things to read on my next trip to the library or used book store. I actually lurked quite a bit before I started posting.

2) What don't you talk about? Depends on who I'm talking to. I have a small circle of friends where no subject is taboo. Have had quite a few interesting conversations with that group. Otherwise, taboo subjects for me would be religion and politics. Not to say that my ideas and beliefs are right ~ or anyone else's are wrong. It's just a headache bumping into the few people out there who think their beliefs are the only ones. I find myself adapting the theory that no one's beliefs are "the right ones" ~ they're just different.

3) Are you and your blogging persona the same person? Absolutely. I am who I am. I just wish that when I created my blog, I'd used my real name. But, I used the name "Romance Junkie" (RJ for short) ~ and usually sign my comments with my real name.

4) How do you use blogging to build friendships? By reading and commenting on other blogs.

5) How would you describe your writing style? Depends on the situation. When I'm blogging, emailing, commenting, etc., etc., I write as I would talk. When I try to dabble with my writing ~ for lack of a better description, I go within myself and get lost in my own world. Sometimes it's just a few minutes, sometimes it's a few hours ~ but I'm oblivious to everything around me and am just pulled into my own little place.

Labels:

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Mailyn

    welcome back from vacation! hope you had fun. :-)

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Dev

    I did, thanks. I'm not much of a shopper to I took my books with me. I'd browse a little, and then go find a comfy bench and read. It wasn't a bad way to spend a few days...and at least it got me out of the house for awhile.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger ReneeW

    Just noticed you're back! I wondered what the RJ was for :) You sound like me, I lurked a lot before commenting.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Dev

    ...and changed my profile from RJ to Devonna. It was getting tedious having to sign my name all over the place :-) Yup, I'm back and now I just wish I had a week to lay around and read. Work gets in the way of my real life so many times.........