Life is too short to read a bad book.
Saturday, July 15, 2006,9:39 AM
Book suggestions...........
Not that I need new books to read ~ Lord knows, I have a ton of them in my TBR pile....but, I'm going on vacation next week and need some suggestions. I'm not sure how much reading I'll get done, since I'm the driver, but I plan on spending as much time lounging with a book as possible. I'm one of those chronic readers who always carries a book with them. Seriously, I'm out to dinner and I find myself pulling out my book and reading at the table. I'm told that's bad manners, but there's just something about a good book.

Labels:

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Stacie Penney

    I was intrigued by "Outlander" from the start. I miss Jude Deveraux's historicals and that's what it reminded me of, once it was past the time travel thing.

    But a Must Read Recommendation (if you haven't already) is The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. LOVE IT.

    Stacie from Raspberry-Latte

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Dev

    Stacie ~

    I loved The Time Traveler's Wife! I took it with me on a camping trip ~ and needless to say, I sat in front of the fire and read the whole weekend. What a great book!

    I will probably give the Gabladon series another try later this year. But, I did have it for almost a year last time and couldn't get past the first chapter. I've heard once you get past chapter 3, you can't put it down.

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Kristie (J)

    "I'm one of those chronic readers who always carries a book with them. Seriously, I'm out to dinner and I find myself pulling out my book and reading at the table."

    Oh - me too!! I always have at least two in my purse at a time - a requesite for a purse is that it can hold 3. And we live near a mall. Sometimes I'll go over for lunch by myself, grab some lunch, try and find a quiet spot in the food court, pull out a book and happily read by myself for a while.

    And since I came here from Renee's blog - I see that I happily now have another name to add to the list of readers who need to read Dreaming of You *grin*

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Dev

    ...and I promise it is next on my list of things to read. I've had it for about a month now, but I just haven't gotten around to it ~ I've been meaning to read it since the day I bought it. Don't worry, I won't be on the list of people who need to read DoY for long.

    Devonna