Life is too short to read a bad book.
Saturday, March 28, 2009,4:40 PM
Reading Ramble
Bliss is when you find a book you can't put down.

Despair is when you realize pages 217-249 are missing in said book.

Dilemma is deciding whether to finish the book anyway, or to wait and get a new copy.

I chose to finish it anyway. I'll read the 30 missing pages as soon as I can get my hands on another copy of the book. It's that good.

Those who love Westerns ~ have you read the Bad Luck Brides series by Geralyn Dawson? I'm reading The Bad Luck Wedding Dress now and absolutely love it!!!

Labels:

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Wendy

    I've read a couple by Dawson (liked one, hated the other) but generally don't read her because she tends to write "funny ha ha" books. I don't "do" funny ha ha romances, and especially not funny ha ha westerns. But you're not alone. I know some readers who love that series.....

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger Alyce

    That would drive me nuts (the missing pages)! I don't think I would finish it though, I'd just be very impatient about it until I could find or buy another copy.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Kristie (J)

    I read a couple of her earlier Western romances but not these ones. I'm more like Wendy - the reason I love Westerns is the grittiness of them. But I AM ever so glad you are enjoying these ones. The more Western readers to the fold, the better!!

    And yikes on the missing pages! I hate when that happens. I had something like that happen once - it wasn't missing pages but for about a whole chapter, I had pages of an entirely different book. It drove me crazy trying to figure out what happened.

     
  • At 9:11 PM, Blogger Rosie

    I read THE BAD LUCK WEDDING DRESS but remember being disappointed a little bit more with each succeeding book. Glad you liked this one though. I got back in a good reading groove by starting a Madeline Hunter series that's been in my tbr since 2005.