Life is too short to read a bad book.
Sunday, March 29, 2009,4:02 PM
Scenes of Passion by Suzanne Brockmann
Just Finished:

Synopsis: THE AWAKENING

Safe, steady…and unsatisfying — that pretty much summed up Maggie Stanton's life. Until a stranger stirred her imagination until she blushed, a stranger who made Maggie do the unimaginable: take a risk….

Shockingly, the man who'd compelled her to forsake predictability for passion was the full-grown version of her childhood best friend. Only, this Matthew Stone wanted marriage, not a walk down memory lane.

For a while, Maggie almost believed that their whirlwind wedding was the union of soul mates. Almost. Then she learned the secret Matthew was keeping.


My Thoughts: I think I expected more out of this one. Probably because I’d just finished Otherwise Engaged (The 3rd in the Sunrise Key Trilogy) and wanted something close to caliber of Pres and Molly’s story. The story of Maggie and her Jungle Man, Matt, just was not it. There were some good moments, and I did finish it, so that’s something.

Verdict: This was Okay. It’s not a keeper because I doubt I’d ever read it again, but it wasn’t a complete waste of time.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Rowena

    Hmmm, I have this buried in my TBR pile. I still want to read this one but just not right now. Another great review sweetie. =)

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger joyh82

    Have you read her Trouble shooter series? I really like those.