Life is too short to read a bad book.
Monday, July 07, 2008,8:41 PM
Road Trip!!!
Well, tomorrow we're off for our roadtrip to Silverwood Theme Park. I'll be thinking of you all as I am riding the wooden roller coasters and going down the 55mph waterslides :-)

I'm bringing the following to read:

The Texan's Dream by Jodi Thomas (currently halfway through)
Only His by Elizabeth Lowell
Keegan's Lady by Catherine Anderson
The Accidental Countess by Melissa Schroeder
Three Weddings and a Kiss (anth) by Catherine Anderson, Loretta Chase, Lisa Kleypas, Kathleen Woodiwiss
Testing Miss Toogood by Stella Cameron
Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich
His Every Kiss by Laura Lee Guhrke
A Rogue in Texas by Lorraine Heath

edited to add:

Bride Hunt Ball by Olivia Parker (thanks, Nath!)

Of course, I know I'm never going to read all of these, but it's nice to have options. I'll be around until about noon tomorrow, so will be checking in every once and awhile. Behave :-)

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger pidute

    wow it's so nice to see that i am not the only one taking 3 books for a trip of 3 days (you know in case the book i brought is not good and i end up with nothing !)

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger Kristie (J)

    LOL - I think it's a symptom of our addiction when we bring way more books then we can possibly read when we go away somewhere. We NEED the security of choices.
    Have a great trip!

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger Stacy~

    I am the same way. I'm going to RWA and I'll probably bring at least 5 books, even though I'll be getting books there, too. It's craziness.

    Have a wonderful time!

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger nath

    LOL, I do the same :D I always bring more books than I should :D Can't wait to see which books you are going to read! :)

    Have fun during your roadtrip!!

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Isabel

    Have a safe trip!!!

    You have to have a varity of books so you can read what you are in the mood for. :)

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Dev

    Pidute ~ I always travel with two bags ~ one is all my necessities, the other is my books :-)

    Kristie ~ That's exactly it. I don't want to be tied down to just one book because I may not be in the mood to read it. It's nice to have choices.

    Stacy ~ Thanks! I can't wait to see how you liked RWA! There are so many of you going ~ makes me jealous. Wish I lived closer.

    Nath ~ Thanks! I must be in a historical / western kind of mood because I have no contemporaries at all except for the Janet Evanovich.

    Izzy ~ Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. It's hard to believe Silverwood is so close and I've never been there. It should be fun.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Carolyn Crane

    Okay, I'm worrying about this wooden rollarcoaster!

    Hey, have a great time!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Rosie

    Wha'? How'd I miss this? Hope you are having fun. Ditto on the books. I don't know what to take to RWA because everyone always says how many books there are given away that you don't need to bring books to read. I hate making book travel decisions. It's harder than deciding what to wear sometimes.

     
  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger nath

    When are you coming back, dev?!? I miss you!! :)

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Dev

    Carolyn ~ The coasters were fun. I survived them and even went back for a second and maybe even a third time :-)

    Rosie ~ I think the books are definitely harder than the clothes. I was able to pack in about an hour (if even that), but it took me days to decide on what books to bring.

    Nath ~ I'm back :-)