Life is too short to read a bad book.
Sunday, July 20, 2008,8:18 AM
His Every Kiss by Laura Lee Guhrke
Just Finished:

Synopsis: Everyone knows about Dylan Moore—his brilliant talent and his pleasure-seeking ways—but no one knows the torment that lies beneath his reckless veneer. Only one woman gets a glimpse of the forces that drive Dylan’s soul, a woman who haunts his dreams and evokes his passions as no other woman ever has before.

Disgraced and destitute, Grace Cheval wants nothing to do with the seductive man who desires her. When Dylan offers her a position as governess to his newfound daughter, she knows his true intentions are dishonorable. Yet she finds this charismatic man hard to resist, and she returns his passionate kisses with a fire that matches his own. Can Dylan dare hope that this proud, spirited beauty will melt the ice around his heart?


My Thoughts: I thoroughly enjoyed this book from beginning to end. I loved that both of characters were flawed in some way and had demons they were trying to deal with. Dylan’s was that he was a composer who could no longer compose; Grace’s was that she had fallen in love with a temperamental artist before and knew the pain of when that fiery love died.

I wasn’t quite sure what to think when the daughter, Rachel, was left with Dylan. Sometimes stories that have children in them seem to focus more on the child and not on the main characters. Luckily this was not the case here. Rachel was a great addition to the story ~ and really, the catalyst to Dylan and Grace because without Rachel, Dylan would have never needed a governess.

Verdict: This was Very Good. I thoroughly enjoyed Dylan and Grace’s story and look forward to reading the third book in this series, The Marriage Bed, soon.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger sula

    I read this one about a year ago, but I recall really enjoying it. I'll be curious to see how you find the next book though because my feelings were very mixed about that one.

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Lori

    I liked this one a lot. And while I enjoyed The Marriage Bed, I agree with Sula, I was conflicted. Oh, and email me. I have a good story to tell you about that book...

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger Stacy~

    I haven't read this one, but it sounds really good.

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger nath

    Glad you enjoyed Dev :) I liked this book as well. Overall, I think that the whole trilogy is quite good :D

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Dev

    Sula ~ I'll be reading that one next after I'm done with the current Jodi Thomas I'm working my way through.

    Lori ~ I'm emailing you :-)

    Stacy ~ It is! The first one in the series, Guilty Pleasures, was really good too.

    Nath ~ So far, I've got two down and then Marriage Bed and She's No Princess (this one has Dylan's brother as the hero!) to complete. I've enjoyed them all.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger nath

    Really?!?!?! Dylan's brother is the hero of She's No Princess? I think I have to go back and read it then.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Alyssa

    I enjoyed this one, too. It's one of Guhrke's most memorable books for me.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ Absolutely! Ian Moore is the hero. I'm looking forward to reading it.

    Alyssa ~ I can see why. I really liked it.

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger nath

    I bought She's no Princess before I ever read Dylan's story... so I never realized. I'm going back to read it :D

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ I'll be reading it after The Marriage Bed. I've got so many books I want to read before school starts (August 25). The pressure is on to try and diminish my TBR pile.