Life is too short to read a bad book.
Sunday, June 01, 2008,9:29 AM
Note to Self
You're almost 40. Really, what were you thinking going out and drinking last night? This hangover is going to take weeks to go away. Nasty, nasty, nasty. And really. You do have a bit of a potty-mouth once you've imbibed in one too many beverages. And sure, you may have been the life of the party, but you will need to face most of those people again when you go back to work tomorrow ~ at least the ones you remember. And right about now, don't you wish you knew who the guy was that you were having the whole rabbit discussion with? It would serve you right if he's the new staff you have to train on Tuesday.

PS ~ You're not really thinking about doing it again next weekend are you? Bad idea.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Dev | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Misty G

    I feel for you! I went out with friends a few weeks back and had a great time (and by that I mean, cute 25 year old army guy teaching me how to two step fun). I totally forgot that I had about 4 co-workers there with me, and two of them I supervise.lol. But,hey, they got to see the other side of me that's a lot more laid back... I went back again last weekend, but just didn't have as much fun. Probably b/c my 25 year old wasn't there.

    I'll be 40 in 3 years, so I've decided I'm going to live my remaining 30's up and not look back. My only regret was that I told him my real age instead of my pretend bar age.lol.

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Rosie

    You both crack me up. I always say you never regret the things you DO only the things you DON'T. Sounds like you had fun. Too bad about the hangover.

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Dev

    Misty ~ Oh I had fun. But anybody who was there now knows that I'm not the straight-laced professional everyone assumed I was :-)

    Rosie ~ Yeah, a few tylenol and a lot of water and I started to feel better right around bed time. I just don't bounce back like I used to.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger nath

    I hope you feel better Dev :D

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger nath

    Oh and i like the new look!

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Dev

    Nath ~ Thank you, and thank you! Yes, I started feeling better right about bedtime last night.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger ReneeW

    Hangovers are nasty, aren't they. Hope you got over it quickly. Love the new look, BTW.

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Dev

    It's all good now, except for the intense feeling of dread that I have knowing I'm going to have to face these people again :-)

    Thanks!